Medical Laboratory Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Position Title: Medical Laboratory Technician
Reports To: Laboratory Manager
Purpose of Position:
Provide expert level clinical medical technology testing services performing all areas involved in pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic testing while maintaining the policies and procedures of the laboratory and complying with all regulatory requirements.
Uphold the organization’s vision, mission, and corporate values. Demonstrate understanding of and compliance with organization’s policies, procedures, code of conduct and work rules.
- Perform and validate chemical, microscopic, morphologic, immunologic, and bacteriologic tests of body fluids and substances to provide data for diagnosis and treatment of disease
- Verify test procedures for accuracy of each test and test system as it pertains to the specialty assigned
- Report results, maintain records, and assist with distributing test reports
- Follow protocalls for the established QC program within parameters for acceptable levels of performance and verify lot numbers and expiration dates on reagents and controls
- Assist in resolving technical problems, monitor test analysis and specimen examination through evaluation of proficiency testing and ensure that remedial action is taken and communicated to all testing personnel when necessary
- Participate in patient education
- Perform other duties as assigned
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to consistently demonstrate the organization’s values: integrity, cultural sensitivity and respect for traditional values, continual learning and improving, compassion, teamwork and pride. Employees are expected to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, accountability, cooperation with and consideration of others.
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to have general knowledge of typical office technologies such as computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, and typical office software.
Job Specific knowledge is listed below:
- Knowledge of laboratory operation, logistcs and inventory management, laboratory instrument operation
Required Skills and Abilities:
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to have a broad range of skills and abilities centered around a strong patient focus, efficient performance, and teamwork. All employees should have patient/customer service skills, interpersonal skills and good communication skills. All employees should have the ability to manage their time and organize their work to ensure efficient performance. In addition, all employees should have the ability to follow policy, procedure and instructions, actively communicate with their supervisors to ensure understanding and manage their work accordingly. Finally, all employees should have the ability to understand and manage patient/customer confidentiality.
Job specific skills and abilities are listed below:
- Above average interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to follow detailed procedure guidelines
Medical Technology, or related field
performing clinical hospital laboratory work
Must have both general and supervisory experience if indicated.
Licensure, Certification, Etc.
Nationally registered or licensed as a Medical Laboratory Technician
∙Use hands and arms to operate office or clinical equipment
∙Sit less than half the workday
∙Stand and/or walk more than half the workday
∙Bend, stretch, twist, crouch and/or reach
∙View electronic monitors for prolonged periods of time
∙Lift or carry unaided 25 to 50 pounds
∙See and hear with normal acuity
∙Work is conducted in a standard office environment
∙Work is conducted in a standard clinical environment to include exposure to latex, chemical, biohazards or other harmful substances
∙Some travel may be required
∙Travel is required via large aircraft
∙Travel is required via small (less than 16 passenger) aircraft aircraft
Norton Sound Health Corp
HealthcareView all jobs at Norton Sound Health Corp