- $35 Hourly
Position Title: Hygienist
Reports To: Director of Dentistry
Purpose of Position:
Provide clinical comprehensive dental services to the people of the Bering Straits Region in accordance with NSHC’s mission, philosophy, policies, and procedures while applying standards of the Dental profession.
Uphold the organization’s vision, mission, and corporate values. Demonstrate understanding of and compliance with organization’s policies, procedures, code of conduct and work rules.
- Examines gingiva using probes to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum disease.
- Feels lymph nodes under patient’s chin to detect swelling or tenderness.
- Cleans calcareous deposits, plaque, and stains from teeth and beneath the margins of gums using dental instruments.
- Reviews patient’s medical history.
- Charts conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by a dentist.
- Maintains dental equipment and sharpens and sterilizes dental instruments.
- Places dental sealants.
- Following sterile, aseptic, or radiographic technique, ensure the cleanliness and sterilization of equipment and patient care area in accordance with OSHA standards and policies and procedures.
- Take preliminary impressions and prepare study models for preliminary impression, trimming and labeling; fabricate impression trays, stents, base plates, and other devices as directed.
- Applies fluoride or other cavity-preventing agents to arrest decay.
- Provides clinical and health education to improve and maintain the oral health of patients or the public.
- Provide chair-side assisting to dentists up to 50% or more of time on the job.
- Clean and set up rooms for dentist as assigned.
- Process dirty instruments in sterilization room as assigned.
- Identify and address other clinic needs independently and provide clerical support as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to consistently demonstrate the organization’s values: integrity, cultural sensitivity and respect for traditional values, continual learning and improving, compassion, teamwork, and pride. Employees are expected to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, accountability, cooperation with and consideration of others.
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to have general knowledge of typical office technologies such as computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, and typical office software.
Job Specific knowledge is listed below:
- Knowledge of dental care principles, practices, standards and techniques
- Knowledge of sterile, aseptic and radiographic techniques
- Knowlodge of clinic operations including items such as scheudling, patient flow, etc.
Required Skills and Abilities:
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to have a broad range of skills and abilities centered around a strong patient focus, efficient performance, and teamwork. All employees should have patient/customer service skills, interpersonal skills, and good communication skills. All employees should have the ability to manage their time and organize their work to ensure efficient performance. In addition, all employees should have the ability to follow policy, procedure, and instructions, actively communicate with their supervisors to ensure understanding and manage their work accordingly. Finally, all employees should have the ability to understand and manage patient/customer confidentiality.
Job specific skills and abilities are listed below:
- Excellent customer service
Dental Hygiene License
Dental Hygiene Program
Licensure, Certification, Etc.
Licensed Hygienist in the State of Alaska.
∙Use hands and arms to operate office or clinical equipment
∙Sit more than half the workday
∙Stand and/or walk less than half the workday
∙Bend, stretch, twist, crouch and/or reach
∙View electronic monitors for prolonged periods of time
∙Use hands and arm for repetitive motion tasks
∙Lift or carry unaided 25 to 50 pounds
∙Push or pull using up to moderate force
∙See and hear with normal acuity
∙Work is conducted in a standard clinical environment to include exposure to latex, biohazrd or other harmful substances
∙Minimal travel is required (up to 25%)
∙Travel is required via large aircraft
∙Travel is required via small (less than 16 passenger) aircraft
I attest that I do not have any physical, mental, or medical impairment or disability that would limit my job performance.
Norton Sound Health CorpNome, AK
Get fresh Dental Hygienist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.