Job Title: Social Media Manager
After winning several new social media assignments, we are expanding our footprint in this important growth area for the agency.
The Social Media Manager is the agency's primary advisor on all social media channels, including social networks and content sharing sites. This person must demonstrate extensive social media experience and is well-connected with the broader social media world. The social media manager must be able to think strategically but be willing and able to roll up his/her sleeves to help implement social media programs for agency clients.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Creates comprehensive social media strategies, defining programs that use social media marketing techniques to increase visibility, followers and traffic across all client brands
- Collaborate with client, client service and creative staff to develop relevant social media content
- Implement and manage social media programs directly or through a third-party social media management and optimization platform
- Conduct analysis and reporting of the impact of social media programs and on overall marketing efforts.
- Strategizes with client and client service team to incorporate relevant social media techniques into all company/brand programs and communications
- Manages and monitors the agency's social media initiatives and participation
- Monitors social media trends, tools and applications, and appropriately applies knowledge to increasing client use of social media
- Works to grow agency staff participation in and understanding of social media as an agency self-promotion and engagement tool
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required
- 4-6 years of social media management experience
- Knowledge of various social media tools and technique including, but not limited to: traditional, new media, guerilla and "word of mouth" marketing; strategic planning; product marketing; press and analyst relations; business development; technology; operations; sales; financial and quantitative analysis, and project management.
- Ability to communicate clearly, thoroughly, succinctly and logically both verbally and in written form. Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to use a range of tools to effectively analyze results, interpret data, draw sound conclusions, and develop insightful and actionable recommendations