Northwood Ravin is seeking a Designer or Project Architect to work in our Raleigh office. This person will be responsible for assisting the VP Architecture and collaborating with Development & Construction teams on our various luxury multifamily & mixed use projects in SE region. This includes helping manage the outside architectural and engineering consultants from beginning of design & construction document phase all the way through construction of a project. This person would also assist the internal design team with the design and build out of the Amenity and Common areas of our projects.
- Actively participates in project development requiring independent judgment in design, building systems, documentation, and construction.
- Production of Amenity design concepts & ideas
- Ensure project designs conform with NWR standards
- Assist in communicating and directing architectural and engineering consultants as well as 3rd party specialty waterproofing, sound and accessibility consultants
- Assist in coordinating owner redlines on all the CD milestone sets with outside A/E firms
- Process submittals/substitution requests during construction and address RFI’s
- Resolve complex technical and design issues with construction team to produce innovative technical/constructible solutions
- Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews
- Ability to travel in SE as necessary to the location of the various NWR projects & construction sites. Estimated travel 4-8 days a month
- Contribute to office initiatives and internal learning programs to bring creative and innovative ideas that would add value to project designs to enhance tenant experience on our properties.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 7-10 years of professional experience with design & construction of multi-family and mixed use projects
- Experience in client, consultant relationships/managing
- Demonstrated skills in project design, production and coordination of constructions documents and contract administration
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible with excellent communication skills: verbal and written
- Proficiency using Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Bluebeam Revu, Procore and Digital-real time- meetings – Skype or Go To Meeting
- Experience with a drawing software- Sketch-up & AutoCAD or Revit
- Protective clothing required during building site visits - hard hat, boots, pants
- Travel required 30% - 40%