K-5th ESL Teacher
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Utilize evidence-based practices to develop lesson plans
- Use various strategies to reduce anxiety and improve scholars' confidence in the English language in reading comprehension, writing, listening, and speaking
- Ability to differentiate instruction for our diverse learners
- Frequently assess scholars to review their understanding of the lesson
- In addition to the duties expressly provided above, the ESL Teacher shall from time to time perform such other duties and functions as assigned by their direct supervisor
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to collaborate and work with colleagues
- Flexible and open to change
- Organized and dependable
- Able to develop lessons that are meaningful and that entice our scholars to want to learn
- Sensitivity to cultural differences
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in education, Master’s degree preferred
- Hold a current Illinois Educator License with ESL and/or Bilingual endorsement
- Fluent in Spanish is highly preferred
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. We offer a robust health benefits package. In addition, all staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated workspace, laptop, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Northwestern Settlement is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.
EducationView all jobs at Northwestern Univ