GET MORE OUT OF YOUR CAREER
Choose a career where changing someone else’s life for the better is also life-changing for you – personally, professionally and financially.
FINANCIAL PLANNING WITH NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL
Are you looking for more fulfillment from your career? Are you starting to think about a job change? Now’s the time to consider Northwestern Mutual.
Our financial professionals help clients reach their goals by developing and implementing financial plans to show clients where they are today, plan where they want to go tomorrow and provide the financial tools and support to help them get there.
Sounds exciting and scary all at the same time? Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to know everything on day one. That’s why you’ll receive in-depth training and partner with industry experts until you’re ready to do it on your own.
THIS CAREER OFFERS YOU:
- Stipends for training and licensing to help you get started.
- The ability to positively impact someone else's life.
- Personalized mentoring and award-winning training programs.
- Backing by Northwestern Mutual, an industry leader with a proven track record of success.
CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF HELPING OTHERS REACH THEIR FINANCIAL GOALS?
Many people (50 percent) find their calling in financial services after working in other industries. Wondering if you’d be a good fit? See how many of the characteristics below match up to you:
- You know how to connect with people, building personal, trusted relationships.
- Financial planning is interesting to you.
- You’re a driven person who’s committed to succeeding.
- You’re ready to earn more for your hard work.
- You enjoy helping people make more informed, confident decisions.
- You're ready to live the life you want, both personally and professionally.
A CAREER WITH ENDLESS OPPORTUNITIES
This career is primarily commission based but also includes stipends and bonuses. It allows you to control what you would want to earn at any given time in your career. To give you an idea, our financial professionals are making on average about $50,000 in their first year, and there is potential for much more.
What’s the catch? The first years can be tough as you’re learning the business. But the trade-off is that you get to define what success looks like.
INCOME GROWTH OPPORTUNITY:
Average vs Top 25%
- Year 1 | $52,000 - $106,000
- Year 3 | $103,000 - $202,000
- Year 5 |$139,000 - $289,000
- Year 10 | $234,000 - $490,000
- Year 15 | $341,000 - $790,000
Beyond income, you'll also have access to a comprehensive benefits package:
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Two pension plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Reimbursement for licensing and ongoing education
We want people with different backgrounds and work experience, including but not limited to: financial services, business development, b2b, b2c, hospitality, banking, sales, marketing, management, educators, athletes, logistics, lawyers, attorneys, juris doctorate, communications, real estate, entrepreneurs, military veterans, and community influencers. We hope you have a Bachelor of Arts or Science degree from a four-year college or university. It’s also a plus if you have strong interpersonal skills, grit, motivation, and are a self-starter.
*** Financial Representative | Financial Advisor | Wealth Management Advisor ***
About Northwestern Mutual:
Northwestern Mutual has been helping families and businesses achieve financial security for 160 years. Through a distinctive, whole-picture planning approach including both insurance and investments, we empower people to be financially confident. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with a personalized digital experience and leading-edge technology to best serve our clients.
With $250.4 billion in assets, $28.2 billion in revenues, and more than $1.6 trillion worth of life insurance protection in force, Northwestern Mutual delivers financial security to more than 4.4 million people who rely on us for life, disability income and long-term care insurance, annuities, brokerage and advisory services, trust services, and discretionary portfolio management solutions. The company holds more than $100 billion of client assets as a part of its wealth management and investment services.
Recent Awards and Accolades:
-FORTUNE® 97 (FORTUNE® 500, 2017)
-One of the “World’s Most Admired” life insurance companies (FORTUNE® Magazine, 2017)
-Best Places to Work #67 (Glassdoor, 2018)
-Highest Rated CEO's (Glassdoor, 2017)
-50 Best Companies for Diversity (Black Enterprise Magazine, 2016)
-50 Best Companies to Sell For (Selling Power Magazine, 2016)