This position's role in the file flow is to support the Mortgage Loan Originator in their conversion of applications into approved, funded and closed loans, by thoroughly reviewing the loan file documentation and communicating effectively. To review all loan files as if through the lens of an Underwriter, so as to ensure that they are complete, accurate and appropriately documented. To create a Raving Fan experience, for both the internal and external customer, via consistent, accurate and quality collaboration with all involved parties.
- Communicates directly both written and verbally, acting as a liaison between customers, third-party vendors and the loan originator, in obtaining documentation necessary to underwrite and close loans on-time.
- Has & maintains a high level of knowledge regarding residential mortgage lending products, regulations and loan status', in order to provide customers & referral partners with timely detailed information.
- Understands business partner relationships and refers to other TEAM members in accordance with NWHL's raving fan strategy and position agreements.
- Interacts with management, loan officers, customers, and third-parties (i.e., appraisers) to expedite the loan closing, as well as to ensure documentation is received timely.
- Reviews updates & changes to processing, regulatory requirements and guidelines, so as to inform the TEAM of such changes and the impact they have on prospect or in-process mortgage loans.
- Works with management in creating efficiencies to the process, and helps develop ideas for position improvements.
- Track all outstanding items on assigned loan files, then does a follow up with Clients, and/or third party vendors, to ensure timely receipt of required documentation.
- Assist with pipeline management for Mortgage Loan Officers and Loan TEAM overall.
- Coordinate pipeline meetings, and as necessary, schedules high-trust meetings for Mortgage Loan Officers.
- Upon request, or upon identifying market relevant information, collaborate with marketing to develop content for social media posts or flier creation.
- Ensures compliance to all applicable government regulations and lending requirements.
- 2+ years of experience in residential mortgage lending.
- Proficiency with basic computer software, including experience using Encompass Loan Origination System, or a similar Loan Operating System.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of federal and state regulations that pertain to residential mortgage loans.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills and interpersonal skills required.
- A high degree of professionalism is expected, especially when handling calls and when interacting with all parties.
- Must possess good judgement, be able to accept responsibility and handle confidential information.
- Demonstrated experience with accurate data entry, strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and the desire to deliver a Raving Fan experience for all Clients.
Equal employment opportunity is a fundamental of Northwestern Home Loans belief. We practice fair and equal treatment for everyone, regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, political ideology, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, or the presence, history or perception of having any sensory, mental or physical disability, genetic information, or protected veteran status. In addition, we ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This philosophy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination.