INTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING: JOB REQUISITION #2995
POSTING DATES: January 30, 2020 through February 13, 2020
Business Technology Technical Support
5-8 ($44,600 to $107,400)
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
TheSupport Technologistworks in a team environment to provide Customer Service and Application support relative to Northwestern Energy's technology systems.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety standards and the Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
- Ensure all actions are consistent with NorthWestern Energy's values, mission, and strategic business objectives
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Develop a high level of knowledge of stakeholders, colleagues and vendors business and deliver appropriate solutions when engaged.
- Comply with internal controls, policies, practices, procedures and standards
- Work in a team environment making positive contributions to team processes and goals.
- Ability to work remotely from supervisor while positively contributing to the team
- Understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; contribute to projects, the development of new processes and resolve complex technical matters
- Effectively and efficiently organize, plan, execute, and coordinate multiple work assignments to meet milestones or established completion dates
- Work all required hours, including evenings, weekends and on-call rotation
- Ability to balance local immediate needs with longer term BT strategies and directions, particularly insuring that remote efforts are consistent with BT policies and practices
- Provide first level technical support to end users on a variety of computer hardware, software and telecommunications issues in a multiple platform environment and if necessary escalate those issues that require higher level review
- Respond to support requests via multiple channels
- Diagnose, identify, research and resolve problems and implement corrective actions locally, from remote sites or by guiding end user through corrective actions
- Image and deploy new equipment, install software and repair hardware
- Work with other Business Technology groups on projects, troubleshooting problems, and as workload and staffing requires
- Understand proper change management techniques and follow Change Management procedures and policies in developing and implementing changes
- Investigate new technologies and future application releases through external resources
- Develop and maintain technical process and training documentation
- Provide training to colleagues
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Safely perform individual lifts and manipulation of parts, equipment, and supplies (weighing up to 50 pounds) on a minimal basis
Marginal Work Functions
*These functions may be considered essential based on location and other factors.
- Scan, print, file, and retrieve reports
- Respond to customers via telephone, email, or in person*
- Email administration and support staff*
- Program database systems*
- Travel to training, conferences, and off-site meetings (up to 15% travel per year)*
- Demonstrate and maintain a good safety record
- Required Associate's Degree or higher. Related experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and technical and computer skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and IOS operating systems
- Working knowledge of servers, networks (LAN/WAN), security, and business continuity practices preferred
- Firm understanding of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate workload and employee development
- Strong written and oral communication skills and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong documentation and troubleshooting skills
When considering applicants for this position, the selection process will take into consideration the needs of NorthWestern, including such factors as reorganization requirements, diversity opportunities, relocation requirements, employee development and job succession. If any of the preceding language conflicts with the applicable bargaining unit agreements, the bargaining unit agreement will prevail.
External applicants should apply online at http://www.northwesternenergy.com. Internal applicants should apply online at iConnect. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 1-800-245-6977, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resources Department Job #2995
3010 West 69th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal or state laws and statutes.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro