INTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING: JOB REQUISITION #2967
POSTING DATES: February 3, 2020 through February 22, 2020
Operations Technology Technologist
FI Business Technology
5-8 ($44,600 to $107,400)
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
The Operations Technologist position is an integral part of the Business Technology Team. Primarily responsible to implement, configure and maintain operational technology applications, systems and hardware. This position is responsible for supporting automation for controls systems involving SCADA systems. This position works independently and in a team environment to provide support relative to operational technology systems. This individual will function as the primary liaison between the business, technology and external business partners for project or plant process improvements.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to the Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
- All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety, physical security, and cyber security standards
- Ensure all actions are consistent with NorthWestern Energy's values, mission, and strategic business objectives
- Comply with NorthWestern Energy's internal controls, policies, practices, procedures and standards
- Adhere to NERC CIP (Critical Infrastructure Protection) procedures and policies as required
- Maintains and ensures the integrity and confidentiality of sensitive information
- Undertake complex projects involving multiple disciplines that may impact multiple business units
- Strong customer service skills required to develop positive customer, team and leadership relationships to facilitate Business Technology business partnerships
- Work required hours as needed which may include evenings and weekends
- Work on-call rotations as defined
- Some travel including day trips and overnight will be required, depending on work location and experience
- Develop, install and maintain application systems to ensure timely access to accurate, real-time data.
- Provide daily maintenance and technical support activities associated with the operation of Operational Technology applications development and configuration
- Work with vendors and colleagues to research, plan, test, and implement patches, releases, and upgrades
- Provide technical guidance, troubleshooting and perform corrective actions to ensure a high degree of systems availability, reliability and security
- Coordinates with other team members to analyze and resolve complex technical issues related to systems development and integration.
- Contribute to the development of new processes
- Responsible for the installation and configuration of complex software systems following established procedures and change control standards
- Interact with stakeholders to identify problems, needs, and opportunities for improvement
- Lead development and delivery of solutions including testing and engaging with customers
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills to evaluate complex issues
- Troubleshoot production problems
- Analyze and query complex data models
- Participates in creating and maintaining process, training, technical documentation and standards and procedures related to the operations and maintenance of supported systems and applications
- Effectively and efficiently organize, plan, execute and coordinate multiple work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates
- Utilize established project management documents such as scope, assumptions, and risks
- Experience in editing geodatabases within a multiuser GIS (enterprise-level) environment; and/or GIS data maintenance and geoprocessing is highly desirable.
- Demonstrate and maintain a good safety record
- Bachelor's degree from four-year accredited college in associated discipline such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Business and Information Technology. An equivalent combination of education and related experience may also be considered.
- General knowledge of Windows Operating systems, servers, networks, security, and business continuity practices preferred
- Has strong knowledge and abilities in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Visio, Excel, and Word
- Communicates well both orally and in writing
- Communicates highly technical information to non-technical people
- Corresponds with colleagues, managers, and business partners at a professional level
- Strong organization skills to coordinate workload and employee development
- Experience and knowledge of Electric and Gas Utility operations a definite plus
- Strong aptitude to understand current technology trends in software, cloud, cybersecurity and automation to apply them to NorthWestern Energy's business processing needs is preferred
- Self-starter who pursues self-education and is customer focused
- Technical Experience and Skills
- Experience with common programming languages
- Knowledge and experience with common databases
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions and key responsibilities. It does not prescribe or restrict responsibilities that may be assigned.
When considering applicants for this position, the selection process will take into consideration the needs of NorthWestern, including such factors as reorganization requirements, diversity opportunities, relocation requirements, employee development and job succession. If any of the preceding language conflicts with the applicable bargaining unit agreements, the bargaining unit agreement will prevail.
External applicants should apply online at http://www.northwesternenergy.com. Internal applicants should apply online at iConnect. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 1-800-245-6977, or via email at email@example.com.
Human Resources Department Job # 2967
3010 West 69th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal or state laws and statutes.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro