INTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING: JOB REQUISITION # 2986
POSTING DATES: January 27, 2020 through February 22, 2020
Network Systems Technologist
Finance Business Technology
5-8 ($44,600 to $107,400)
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
The Technologist - Network Systems position is an integral part of the Business Technology Team. The successful candidate will work in a team environment building, implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting Network Systems for NorthWestern Energy.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety, physical security, and cyber security standards
- Must adhere to the NorthWestern Energy's Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
- Ensure all actions are consistent with NorthWestern Energy's values, mission, and strategic business objectives.
- Maintains and ensures the integrity and confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Adhere to NERC CIP (Critical Infrastructure Protection) procedures and policies.
- Architect, build, and support IP Network Infrastructure with working knowledge of:
- Routers, Switches, and Wireless Networks
- Fiber and Radio Communications
- Cell and Satellite Communications
- Voice Network deployment and VOIP protocols
- IP Networking and the OSI Model
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, and DHCP
- Firewalls and Network Security
- Network Documentation with Visio Drawing Skills
- Network Management and Monitoring Tools
- Citrix, VMWare, Windows Server OS, Linux OS
- Work in a team environment making positive contributions to team processes and goals
- Undertake complex projects involving multiple disciplines that may impact multiple business units
- Conduct network systems analysis to improve operations. Finding deficiencies; recommending changes in existing systems, applications, policies and procedures
- Monitors systems to quickly detect and prevent problems
- Works with field technicians on network equipment installation and configuration
- Creates and maintains procedures, system documentation, and drawings.
- Analyzes, detects, and corrects technical problems for existing systems
- Responds to incident tickets and problem calls as needed.
- Uses network analytical tools to find and fix problems
- Performs root cause analysis for system disruptions
- Ensures systems are patched and upgraded
- Ensures monitoring systems are current
- Work required hours as needed which may include evenings and weekends
- Work on-call rotations as defined
- Travel required up to 10% of time
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited college in Networking, Computer Science, or similar field of study
- Experience in telecommunications, networking, or application support is preferred.
- Strong knowledge and abilities in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Visio, Excel, and Word.
- Communicates well both orally and in writing
- Communicates highly technical information to non-technical people
- Corresponds with colleagues, managers, and business partners at a professional level
- Applies mathematical concepts to calculate percentages, financials, and predictions
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with co-workers and business partners.
When considering applicants for this position, the selection process will take into consideration the needs of NorthWestern, including such factors as reorganization requirements, diversity opportunities, relocation requirements, employee development and job succession. If any of the preceding language conflicts with the applicable bargaining unit agreements, the bargaining unit agreement will prevail.
External applicants should apply online at http://www.northwesternenergy.com. Internal applicants should apply online at iConnect. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 1-800-245-6977, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resources Department Job # 2986
3010 West 69th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal or state laws and statutes.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro