INTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING: JOB REQUISITION #3001
POSTING DATES: February 17, 2020 through Open Until Filled
Business Technology Network Engineering and Operations
Temporary (May - August 40 Hours Per Week)
(September December potential part time)
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
Intern will be utilized as a technical assistant and would be primarily tasked with validating and updating technical documentation and drawings. Will also review settings on network element and updating network tools such as Telenium and Solar Winds. Potential for hands on work with Network Technologists on networking equipment.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety standards and the Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
- Ensure all actions are consistent with NorthWestern Energy's values, mission, and strategic business objectives
- Conduct research and develop reports
- Participate in organizational work meetings
- Lifting of materials up to 35 pounds
- Demonstrate & maintain a good safety record
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools: Outlook, Word, with an emphasis on Visio, Excel and Access.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, Cisco networking equipment desirable
- AutoCAD knowledge is a plus
- Prefer Information Technology Networking Degree
- Student must have completed Sophomore level or higher by stated date
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must Provide GPA in application materials
When considering applicants for this position, the selection process will take into consideration the needs of NorthWestern, including such factors as reorganization requirements, diversity opportunities, relocation requirements, employee development and job succession. If any of the preceding language conflicts with the applicable bargaining unit agreements, the bargaining unit agreement will prevail.
External applicants should apply online at http://www.northwesternenergy.com. Internal applicants should apply online at iConnect. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 1-800-245-6977, or via email at email@example.com.
Human Resources Department Job #3001
3010 West 69th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal or state laws and statutes.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro