INTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING: JOB REQUISITION #3028
POSTING DATES: February 12, 2020 through February 26, 2020
Generation & Transmission Interconnection Specialist
5-7 ($44,600 to $95,400)
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
This position provides support for the Coordinator, Generation & Transmission Interconnection. This person will need to become familiar with Federal, State, and NorthWestern's Generation, Transmission, and Load Interconnection policies and procedures, along with Transmission Service Request policies and procedures. The Specialist will assist in the process of generation, transmission, and load interconnections for customers who desire to interconnect to NorthWestern Energy's system. This position will help to ensure that the interconnection procedures are applied in accordance with the NorthWestern Energy Tariff and with the proper jurisdictional Interconnection procedures. This includes tracking interconnection projects and providing progress reports on those projects; the tracking will be done through the BrightWorks and SharePoint programs.
The Specialist will assist with Customer communication and be the point of contact for incoming requests. The Specialist will also learn other areas of the Transmission Services department, including Transmission Service Request processing, scheduling, etc.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety standards and the Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
- Ensure all actions are consistent with NorthWestern Energy's values, mission, and strategic business objectives
- Support for Coordinator, Generation & Transmission Interconnection
- Assist with the project coordination for the various Generation Interconnection, Transmission Service, and Load Interconnection projects. Learn the Federal, State and NorthWestern Generation/Transmission/Load Interconnection and Transmission Service Request policies and procedures
- Ensure State of Montana Interconnection requests, including Net Meter requests, are processed in accordance with the NorthWestern Tariff and Montana Public Service Commission orders
- Track and maintain Interconnection queue and post OASIS updates as necessary
- Maintain data necessary for the successful coordination of Customer-initiated projects
- Use BrightWorks and Sharepoint software to track and manage projects and reports
- Assist with the preparation and administration of Study Agreements, Interconnection Agreements, and Transmission Service Agreements
- Assist with invoicing of study costs and construction expenditures
- Respond to interconnection and transmission inquiries by phone and email. Be a point of contact for customers; attend and lead scoping and results meetings
- Learn and understand the NorthWestern FERC OATT
- Use eCIS+ to access customer information in the context of net metering
- Most job time is spent in an office environment utilizing office resources with occasional walking, lifting, and/or carrying of lightweight office materials and computer equipment
- Assist with coordination of various NorthWestern Energy departments' activities in the administration of the interconnection process
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate and maintain a good safety record
- Degree in Business or equivalent relevant experience is required
- Knowledge of electric transmission system operation and reliability criteria and associate with WECC, FERC and NERC requirements preferred
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills are required and the ability to work with team members and other internal/external stakeholders
- Must have excellent organizational, communication and planning skills and be a self-starter
- Must be able to learn quickly and adapt quickly to the changing transmission business
- Proficiency with MS Office products is necessary, technical writing skills a plus, database experience is desired
When considering applicants for this position, the selection process will take into consideration the needs of NorthWestern, including such factors as reorganization requirements, diversity opportunities, relocation requirements, employee development and job succession. If any of the preceding language conflicts with the applicable bargaining unit agreements, the bargaining unit agreement will prevail.
External applicants should apply online at http://www.northwesternenergy.com. Internal applicants should apply online at iConnect. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 1-800-245-6977, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resources Department Job # 3028
3010 West 69th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal or state laws and statutes.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro