Dev Ops Technologist
- Posted: over a month ago
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING: JOB REQUISITION #3485
POSTING DATES: January 11, 2022 through Open Until Filled
Dev Ops Technologist
Butte, MT Preferred. Other major office locations in Montana or South Dakota may be considered
5-8 ($49,000 to $110,800)
Part-time within NorthWestern Energy service territory negotiable
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
The Dev Ops Technologist will be a member of the Dev Ops and Database Support Team and is an integral part of the Business Technology Team. This position requires innovative thinking, database experience, programming experience, analytical aptitude, and business acumen skills. The successful candidate will work in a team environment to provide database administration, support integration technology, enterprise application development, and other complex systems.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety, physical security, and cyber security standards
- Must adhere to the NorthWestern Energy's Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
- Ensure all actions are consistent with NorthWestern Energy's values, mission, and strategic business objectives.
- Maintains and ensures the integrity and confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Work in a team environment making positive contributions to team processes and goals
- Comply with NorthWestern Energy's internal controls, policies, practices, procedures and standards, including company and department security standards
- Undertake complex projects involving multiple disciplines that may impact multiple business units
- Strong customer service skills required to develop positive customer, team and leadership relationships to facilitate Business Technology business partnerships
- Some travel, including day trips and overnight will be required, depending on work location and experience
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary
- Participation in an on-call rotation schedule required
Dev Ops Technologist
- Understanding of concepts and techniques related to database administration, application development, web development, and Windows Client/Server applications
- Interact with stakeholders to identify problems and develop requirements for solutions
- Implement, enhance, and support application product delivery
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills to evaluate/troubleshoot complex issues
- Effectively and efficiently organize, plan, execute and coordinate multiple work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates
- Utilize established project management documents such as scope, assumptions, and risks
- Work with vendors and colleagues to research, plan, test, and implement patches, releases, and upgrades
- Understanding of a virtual architecture, including virtual delivery of applications and desktops is preferred
- Demonstrate and maintain a good safety record
- Bachelor's degree from four-year accredited college in associated discipline such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business and Information Technology, or other relevant degree. An equivalent combination of education and related experience may also be considered.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Experience with database design, queries, stored procedures and performance tuning
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting and Integration Services development and support
- Experience managing high availability Oracle environments like Data Guard or Real Application Clusters a plus.
- Experience with UNIX or Linux a plus.
- Development programming skills in languages such as .NET, C, or JAVA
- Proficient using Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- General knowledge of Windows Operating systems, servers, networks, security, and business continuity practices
- Strong organization skills to coordinate workload and employee development
- Strong written/oral communication and documentation skills
- Strong aptitude to understand current technology trends in software, cloud, cybersecurity and automation to apply them to NorthWestern Energy's business processing needs is preferred
- Self-starter who pursues self-education and is customer focused
- 401K with company match up to 4% and non-elective contribution up to 7%
- Heath Care and Wellbeing programs
- including dental and vision for you and dependents, Health Savings Account (HSA), Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance
- Company paid basic life
- Additional employee, spouse and child coverage available
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive pay with a dependable company
- Scheduled performance based wage increases
- Annual incentive opportunities
- Paid company endorsed volunteer opportunities
- Paid training
- Paid time off starting day one
- Paid holidays
*Benefits may vary by position or as negotiated as part of a collective bargaining agreement.
When considering applicants for this position, the selection process will take into consideration the needs of NorthWestern, including such factors as reorganization requirements, diversity opportunities, relocation requirements, employee development and job succession. If any of the preceding language conflicts with the applicable bargaining unit agreements, the bargaining unit agreement will prevail.
External applicants should apply online at http://www.northwesternenergy.com. Internal applicants should apply online at iConnect. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 1-800-245-6977, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resources Department Job #3485
3010 West 69th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal or state laws and statutes.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
HealthcareView all jobs at Northwestern Energy