We are looking for a friendly full-time Medical Technician/Front Staff Technician for our very busy Optometric office in Ballard. Our 30+ year practice is newly remodeled and would like to add someone new to our dedicated team!
- Fluency in optometric language and Electronic Medical Records are preferred.
- Familiarity with Crystal Practice Management would be a plus.
- Attention to detail is a requirement.
- Previous Medical Technician experience preferred, however willing to train the right candidate
- Must be personable as you will be interacting with patients daily
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing main support to multiple Optometrists, clinic staff, front desk
- Preliminary optometric testing
- Charting patient demographics, medical history, medications, past prescriptions, contact lens information, test results, chief complaints, meaningful use, etc. into EMR
- Perform diagnostic testing on Ophthalmic equipment including: Visual Fields, Optomap retinal photography, Zeiss OCT, OPD, Lensometry, Tonometry, etc.
- Contacting medical offices to schedule referrals, collect medical records
- Dispensing contact lenses, medication, eye drops, etc. to patients
- Scheduling appointments/transcribing patient information in Electronic Scheduling System
- Checking Vision and Medical insurance benefit information ahead of appointments
- Maintain patient flow and communication regarding appointment status
- Order contact lenses
- Checking patients in and out of clinic (including billing of patients, insurance, chart documentation)
Apply today and join our amazing team!
Hours: Monday (10:45am – 8pm)
Tuesday & Wednesday (7:50am – 6pm)
Thursday (10:45am – 8pm)
Friday (7:50am – 2:30pm)
Salary DOE. Medical insurance & 401k options after trial period.