MT/MLT Per Diem
- Posted: over a month ago
- $26 Hourly
The minimum pay for this position is $25.60/hr. The actual compensation may vary based on many variables such as geographic location, work experience, skills, internal equity, etc. The stated pay range is our good faith belief at the time of this posting.
Perform all aspects of patient care in a laboratory environment that optimizes patient safety with minimal medical/health care errors. Verify questionable results or samples and repeat procedure as necessary. Demonstrate ability to function in all areas of the clinical laboratory including blood bank, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, serology/immunology, molecular, urinalysis and phlebotomy. Perform routine phlebotomy services as needed.
Northwest operates on a 24/7/365 basis; individual may be required to work various shifts, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Schedule flexibility with and without advanced notice is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization
- Conduct chemical analysis of body fluids, including blood, urine and spinal fluid to determine presence of normal and abnormal components
- Analyze laboratory findings to check the accuracy of the results
- Enter data from analysis of medical tests and clinical results into computer for storage.
- Operate, calibrate and maintain equipment used in quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as computer-controlled analyzers and microscopes
- Establish and monitor quality assurance programs and activities to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results
- Set up, clean and maintain laboratory equipment
- Provide technical information about test results to physicians, family members and researchers
- Collect and study blood samples to determine the number of cells, their morphology, blood type, using microscopic techniques, and staining
- Analyze samples of biological material for chemical content or reaction
- Identify patient and label all specimens with correct information
- Perform high and moderate-complexity testing
- Respond appropriately to results with the status of STAT, call results, patient waiting, or timed specimens
- Alter or adjust methods and procedures according to age specific competency guidelines
- Prepare reagents necessary for daily operations, performs maintenance when required.
- Ensure an adequate level of supplies for testing
- Notifies nursing and/or physician of critical lab values with complete documentation on report
- Is able to use communication skills that will deescalate situations involving patient and/or physician complaints or incidents
- Meets current documentation standards and policies.
- Interact professionally with the Laboratory Manager, Pathologist and clinical laboratory personnel, co-workers and other customers
- Submit appropriate abnormal results to Pathologist
- Maintain current knowledge of facility policy, state, federal and other regulatory requirements
- Present all records and procedures to various accrediting inspectors as requested.
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Demonstrate the value of team concept on a consistent basis
- Offer supportive assistance to co-workers
- Manage and operate laboratory equipment safely and correctly
- Consult with other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities
- Assist in compiling data for all necessary reports promptly
- Review pending and outstanding reports on every shift and follows up to resolve outstanding specimens
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Successful candidates for Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician will have an Associate (MLT) or Bachelor’s (MT) degree in Medical Technology or related course of study.
- Must be a board-certified MT/MLT with ASCP/AAB or equivalent
- Newly certified MT/MLT’s are welcome; >2 years’ experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
- Experience in Core Laboratory, Molecular testing, and/or Microbiology
- Exhibits patience and approachability, sets positive tone and example for team member behavior, work ethic & quality, abilities, skills and overall performance.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain confidentiality at all levels; acts with high integrity.
- Establishes and maintains solid interpersonal relationships with team members across all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrates and facilitates professional communication skills; must be able to understand, listen, write and speak fluently, professionally, and, effectively in the English language.
- Motivated, responsible and organized self-starter who excels at time management, timely follow-up, meeting commitments, and, possesses a passion for continuous learning and improvement.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, research and problem-solving skills. Pro-active ability to identify, assess, improve/refine and solve complex challenges, processes and/or situations.
- Ability to successfully work collaboratively within a team as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and able to thrive in a fast paced, high growth, team-based environment while successfully handling competing and ever-changing priorities and responsibilities with frequent interruptions.
- Solid track record of taking responsibility and holding one’s self accountable for high quality task deliverables within established deadlines.
- Effective facilitation, collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution abilities.
- Exhibit personal presentation in a professional manner as it relates to appearance, communication and actions.
- Proficient software/computer skills utilizing various applications which includes, but is not limited, to the following: MS Windows, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, health care database/systems, etc.
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Focused on overall NWP team success vs. solely on individual success.
- We share a collaborative obligation to ensure that we conduct ourselves in the utmost ethical manner and that we hold each other accountable to the values and standards of the organization. Every employee has the responsibility to ask questions, seek guidance, and report concerns and/or violations of company policy or ethical standards.
- The organization has several processes in place to communicate with leadership and expects that employees will have a commitment to integrity and uncompromising values.
- This position works in a demanding, fast-paced office and lab environment with the need to meet daily workload requirements. Incumbent may be exposed to chemicals and requires the use of personal protection equipment and universal precautions.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers/keyboards/mice, printers, phones, mobile devices, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, etc. The noise level in the office work environment varies from moderate to loud.
- Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; grasp and/or reach with hands and arms; repetitive movements of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close visual acuity and ability to adjust focus to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; reading reports, various forms charts or records, transcribing; viewing computer monitor(s); extensive reading; and legally operate a motor vehicle.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties and/or work various shifts as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Northwest Pathology, PS
HealthcareView all jobs at Northwest Pathology, PS