Computer Graphic Designer/Production Printer
Northwest Industrial Specialists East Chicago, IN
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 to $25 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision
****THIS IS NOT A GRAPHIC DESIGN or WEB DESIGN POSITION****- Computer Graphics is responsible for layout of graphic images for the production of custom signage. Using a variety of computer software, the Computer Graphics Lead adjusts kerning and leading for placement of graphics and generates proofs for review by Project Managers and Clients. This person also will be responsible for installation of vinyl graphic images in the field.
General Purpose: The position involves assignments which often need to be carried out independently, or with the assistance of other Production Technicians. Responsible for helping coordinate the manual print/production orders, willing to work in a fast paced, rapidly evolving sign business. Production work ranges from designing to printing simple small signage, to fabrication of complex sign assemblies.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Operating and Maintaining Various Print Production & Finishing Equipment
- Facilitates and maintains the use of computer ID sign making equipment
- Operate and maintain all large/grand format printers using primary programs which include Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Secondary programs include: CorelDraw, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Onyx Pro Postershop, Mimaki Rasterlink, OCE Zund Procut 2500L, Oce Arizona 460ST, Royal Sovereign RSC-1651LSH, HP Scritex FB700, HP Latex 365, Mimaki CJV30-160.
- Perform other duties as assigned and deemed necessary of the position under the direction of the Supervisor, Graphics Manager or Director
Support multiple projects simultaneously and maintain a positive attitude. Manual dexterity, attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling, lifting materials & sub-straights (some heavy lifting)
Individual would need to be willing to cross train in the finishing aspects of production & learn how to operate the following machines: Grommet hole puncher (signs/laminated tags), Rounded hole puncher (signs), Heat/Cold laminators (signs/laminated tags), Heavy duty sewing machine (banners), Router (miscellaneous signage), Panel saw, Sheet metal shear, & any other machine in the shop to help complete the order. Candidate should be familiar with using basic hand tools safely (X-acto knife, utility knife, t-square, ruler, tape measure, drills, saws, calculator, and scissors). Forklift truck licenses a plus.
* WAGE WILL BE BASED ON INDIVIDUALS CURRENT SKILLS & JOB EXPERIENCE
materials for the region industry. We carry the customer's design from concept to finished product. We specialize in complete identification:
Custom Signs * Traffic Control Signs * Banners * Barricades * OSHA Safety Signs and Labels.
We also provide & sometimes install Aluminum Letter * Lexan & Acrylic Sign Faces * Non-Illuminated Billboard Signs (Wood, Plastic, Steel, Aluminum)
Window Graphics and Lettering
Northwest Industrial Specialists
Northwest Industrial Specialists has been serving the Chicago Region since 1981 as one of the most prominent providers of signs and identification materials for the region industry. We carry the customer's design from concept to finished product. We specialize in complete identification: Custom Signs * Traffic Control Signs * Banners * Barricades * OSHA Safety Signs and Labels. We also provide & sometimes install Aluminum Letter * Lexan & Acrylic Sign Faces * Non-Illuminated Billboard Signs (Wood, Plastic, Steel, Aluminum) Window Graphics and Lettering