Dental Assistant (Bilingual English/Spanish)
- Posted: 6 days ago
Northwest Human Services is a non-profit leader in providing advocacy, quality healthcare and social services in Marion and Polk counties since 1970. We are a mission focused organization providing compassionate and professional medical, dental, psychiatry, mental health, and wraparound services for those in our community who need it most - uninsured individuals, families, the homeless, and migrant workers. As a Community Health Center we value a culture of equity, diverse perspectives, and life experiences. Our organization embraces innovation, collaboration, and work-life harmony.
We are seeking a highly competent Dental Assistant (Bilingual English/Spanish) with excellent interpersonal communication skills to work at our new dental office with state-of-the-art equipment and furnishing.
Site Location: West Salem Clinic - Dental | 1233 Edgewater St NW
Position Status: Full-time | Monday through Thursday
Sign-on Bonus: $1000
Employee Referral: $500
As a Dental Assistant you will assist the dentist in examining and treating patients and provide trauma informed care with a positive attitude. You will take vital signs and review and update patients' history.
- Assists dentists or dental hygienist in transfer of instruments utilizing standard dental assisting principles. Assists the provider in preparation and delivery of dental materials.
- Exposes, processes, and, when necessary, duplicates x-rays. Ensures that the x-rays are suitable for diagnosis.
- Maintains and disinfects operatories, maintains dental equipment, ensuring that vacuum lines, unit, chair, light, instruments, and tray setups are thoroughly disinfected and properly sterilized in accordance with established protocols.
- Ensures that daily activities of the clinic are carried out in accordance with Organizational Policy. Responsible for ensuring regulatory requirements such as daily the oversight and logging of the O2 tank and completing and logging autoclave controls and spore testing among others.
- Coordinates scheduling of dental assistant and dental hygienist staff members, ensuring adequate staffing levels in accordance with departmental budget.
- Oversees activities of dental assistants and dental hygiene staff.
- Collaborates with the Clinic Operations Officer on personnel actions including evaluations, promotions, discipline, and dismissals. Works with Clinic Operations Officer to recruit and hire personnel, ensuring adequate staffing levels in accordance with departmental budget.
- Certified EFDA
- X-ray certified
- Fluency in English/Spanish required
- Federally Qualified Health Center experience strongly preferred
- Leadership experience overseeing other Dental Assistants, Sterilization Technicians, or giving direction is strongly preferred.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS: Our Agency strives to provide a benefits program that is comprehensive and competitive within our industry.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health Plans: Dental and Vision
- Flex Spending Account
- Group Life: Short-Term & Long-Term Disability 100% paid by employer
- 403(b) retirement plan with 3% employer match
- 10 hours of monthly Paid Time Off based on FTE
- 7½ paid holidays each year + 2 paid floating holiday
- Continuing Education Plan
- Employee Healthy Living Program
If you are interested in joining a team that makes a difference in the lives of many, apply online at: Employment (northwesthumanservices.org)
For more information, contact the HR/Recruiting Department at: HR@nwhumanservices.org | 503.588.5828
All candidates who receive a written offer of employment will be required to undergo a criminal records check.
Equal Opportunity Employer | We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Northwest Human Services, Inc.
HealthcareView all jobs at Northwest Human Services, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?