Join our award-winning team at UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center. We're proud of the acclaim we've received for our excellence in patient care and safety. Among the local, regional and national recognition we've received are:
- The Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award
- The Emergency Medicine Excellence Award
- This is the second consecutive year Northwest Hospital has achieved both the Spine Surgery Excellence Award and a ranking among the top 10 percent in the nation for spine surgery.
- The Stroke Care Excellence Award
- Winner of the Health Grades Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety for the last three years in a row, we’re also one of the safest places to get care – among the top 5% in the country.
UW Medicine includes Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW Neighborhood Clinics, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine and Airlift Northwest.
Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service, non-profit community hospital, offering comprehensive medical, surgical and therapeutic services. With 281 beds, more than 1900 employees and a world-class medical staff, we provide innovative, technologically advanced care on a patient-friendly, easy-access campus just north of Seattle.
Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
As a UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
We’re interested in learning more about you and appreciate your taking the time to apply online. UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is committed to employing a diverse workforce. EOE
UW Medicine – Northwest Hospital and Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected characteristic. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Billing and Finance, includes but is not limited to:
- Collects deposits and establishes financial arrangements; provides estimates for obstetrical, surgery patients and other tests/procedures as appropriate.
- Communicates with Case Manager and Billing Staff regarding patient account and insurance information to ensure appropriate reimbursement.
- Validates all patient billing information.
- Work with uninsured patients to direct them to appropriate resources
Insurance Validity and Processing, includes but is not limited to:
- Contacts insurance companies to verify payment eligibility and plan specifics regarding coverage and benefits.
- Reviews financial folders prior to patient discharge for complete demographic and insurance information, required deposits.
- Interacts with all payers to provide necessary information and document authorizations on patient accounts.
- Continually monitors insurance companies for changes in policies and authorization requirements, and working closely with Admitting and Billing staff to share this knowledge.
Admitting Support, includes but is not limited to:
- Serves as a liaison between patient/family and business office prior to patient discharge; serves as liaison between Care Management, physicians and patient families regarding financial status. Includes visiting patients in rooms as needed.
- Works with IMS to maintain electronic catalog of quotes/estimates given to patients.
- Attends monthly insurance team meetings and satellite patient registration meetings.
- High school graduate or GED.
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- None required
- Keyboard skills required, minimum 40 wpm.
- Strong organizational skills
- Requires proven success in collections.
- Able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of insurance, Medicare,and Medicaid requirements.
- Additional familiarity with insurance websites.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve in a fast paced environment.
- Display flexibility with multi-tasking ability.
- Requires working knowledge of admitting office procedures.
- Computer terminal data entry experience preferred.
- Incumbent may be positioned behind a desk or at a computer terminal for periods of four hours at one time.
- Must be able to move freely about the department and hospital.
Physical Demand Level: Sedentary
In an 8-hour workday, must be able to-
Lift / Carry 10 pounds occasionally
As required, must be able to-
Sit, Stand, Walk, Bend, Squat, Kneel, Crawl, Climb and Reach above shoulders
Push and Pull
Perform fine motor functions
Must possess functional vision, hearing, and speech in order to communicate effectively with clients, client advocates, and staff.