Join our award-winning team at UW Medicine-Northwest Hospital & Medical Center. UW Medicine Joint & Hand Center at Northwest Hospital is looking for a compassionate, driven, team-oriented medical assistant to join our team.
We offer competitive pay, an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan, and Paid Time Off.
The Medical Assistant performs delegated clinical and administrative duties providing direct support to our orthopedic physicians. The medical assistant will work in partnership with team members to achieve our clinic mission of serving our patients and their families by providing the highest quality care in a compassionate, supportive environment.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Assists patients to exam room and documents heart rate, blood pressure, height and weight.
- Obtains patient history, determines complaint/problem and prepares individual to see the medical provider.
- Administers medications both orally and by injection.
- Assists with labeling lab specimen.
- Phones in pharmacy refills for patients as requested.
Equipment, Supplies and Work Environment:
- Maintains clean, stocked exam rooms.
- Maintains medication sample cupboard.
- Inventories, orders, and restocks clinic supplies.
Customer Service and Support:
- Acts as a back-up front office staff member as needed; answers telephone using defined etiquette standards; route calls and messages.
- Answers questions and follows through on inquiries.
- Assists and supports other staff members as needed.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Enjoys working at the top of their scope and delivering an unparalleled patient experience.
- Values team work, problem solving, engagement and adaptability
- Embraces change and practices direct communication
- Demonstrates an eagerness to assist fellow staff members in achieving clinic and team goals.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Completion of at least a 1-year Medical Assistant Training Program.
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- Graduate of an accredited medical assisting program.
State of Washington Medical Assistant Certification; candidate must either be Certified or Interim Certified at the time of hire.
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Casting/splinting experience preferred.
- Must be able to safely maneuver patients and supplies.
- Able to sit for four hours at a time. Able to operate a computer.
Physical Demand Level: Medium
In an 8-hour workday, must be able to-
Lift / Carry
20 to 50 pounds occasionally
10 to 25 pounds frequently
up to 10 pounds constantly
As required, must be able to-
Sit, Stand, Walk, Bend, Squat, Kneel, Crawl, Climb and Reach above shoulders
Push and Pull
Perform fine motor functions
Must possess functional vision, hearing, and speech in order to communicate effectively with clients, client advocates, and staff.