About Northwest Hospital’s Ambulatory Network
Picture yourself at an organization that cares. For more than 50 years, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center has created a legacy of wellness for the Puget Sound region. With a network that includes over 20 ambulatory clinics, 2,000 employees, and a world-class staff of healthcare professionals, we are proud to provide a wide spectrum of primary and specialty care across the Greater Seattle Area.
Northwest Hospital’s clinics are affiliated with the UW Medicine system. As a UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center employee, you will enjoy a generous benefits package, generous work/life balance programs, and unlimited opportunities for professional growth and development.
UW Medicine – Northwest Hospital and Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected characteristic. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About The Seattle Arthritis Clinic
The Seattle Arthritis Clinic specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal and inflammatory illnesses. Our team is committed to providing empowering, patient-centered care. In addition to board-certified rheumatologists, our provider team includes rheumatology nurse practitioners, a mental health counselor, a psychologist, and a nutritionist who all work together to care for our patients as a whole person.
The Certified Medical Assistant performs patient care duties, administers injections and assists with assigned back office duties.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Providing Patient Care:
- Assists patients to exam room and documents heart rate, blood pressure, height and weight.
- Obtains patient history, determines complaint/problem and prepares individual to see the medical provider.
- Administers medications both orally and by injection.
- Assists with labeling lab specimen.
- Phones in pharmacy refills for patients as requested.
- Completes prior authorization phone calls to insurance companies and patients.
- Accurately and efficiently uses Epic for all required documentation.
- Answers and triages patient telephone calls, messages and letters.
- Schedules follow-up appointments as needed.
- Provides patient follow-up as directed by physician.
- Educates patients as necessary regarding health care concerns.
Equipment, Supplies and Work Environment:
- Maintains clean, stocked exam rooms.
- Maintains medication sample cupboard.
- Inventories, orders, and restocks clinic supplies.
Customer Service and Support:
- Acts as a back-up front office staff member as needed; answers telephone using defined etiquette standards; route calls and messages.
- Answers questions and follows through on inquiries.
- Assists and supports other staff members as needed.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Completion of at least a 1-year Medical Assistant Training Program.
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- Medical Assistant Certified.
- CPR certification required.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to administer injections and perform basic lab testing, immunizations, urinary catheter insertions, EKG, allergy testing, etc.
- Familiarity with electronic medical records.
- Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Must be able to safely maneuver patients and supplies.
- Able to sit for four hours at a time. Able to operate a computer.
Physical Demand Level: Medium
In an 8-hour workday, must be able to-
Lift / Carry
20 to 50 pounds occasionally
10 to 25 pounds frequently
up to 10 pounds constantly
As required, must be able to-
Sit, Stand, Walk, Bend, Squat, Kneel, Crawl, Climb and Reach above shoulders
Push and Pull
Perform fine motor functions
Must possess functional vision, hearing, and speech in order to communicate effectively with clients, client advocates, and staff.