About Northwest Hospital’s Ambulatory Network
Picture yourself at an organization that cares. For more than 50 years, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center has created a legacy of wellness for the Puget Sound region. With a network that includes over 20 ambulatory clinics, 2,000 employees, and a world-class staff of healthcare professionals, we are proud to provide a wide spectrum of primary and specialty care across the Greater Seattle Area.
Northwest Hospital’s clinics are affiliated with the UW Medicine system. As a UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center employee, you will enjoy a generous benefits package, generous work/life balance programs, and unlimited opportunities for professional growth and development.
UW Medicine – Northwest Hospital and Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected characteristic. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About The Northwest Primary Care Lake Forest Park Clinic
The Northwest Primary Care Lake Forest Park Clinic offers comprehensive primary care, ranging from prevention to treatment of chronic disease and acute illness. Our team of expert providers treats you and your family as if you were members of our own families. We take the time to get to know you personally, so we can assist you in making the best healthcare decisions for your individual health and lifestyle needs.
Patients choose Northwest Primary Care Lake Forest Park Clinic for our comprehensive range of services, our clinical expertise and our thoughtful, caring approach. Our providers specialize in many areas, including:
- Wellness/Preventive Medicine
- Women’s Health and Family Planning
- Newborns, Children and Adolescent Care
- Chronic Disease Management
- Acute Health Problems
- Osteopathic Medicine
The Certified Medical Assistant for the Lake Forest Park Clinic performs patient care duties, administers injections and assists with assigned back office duties.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Completion of at least a 1-year Medical Assistant Training Program.
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- Medical Assistant-Certified.
- CPR certification required.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to administer injections and perform basic lab testing, immunizations, urinary catheter insertions, EKG, allergy testing, etc.
- Familiarity with electronic medical records.
- Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Must be able to safely maneuver patients and supplies.
- Able to sit for four hours at a time. Able to operate a computer.
Physical Demand Level: Medium
In an 8-hour workday, must be able to-
Lift / Carry
20 to 50 pounds occasionally
10 to 25 pounds frequently
up to 10 pounds constantly
As required, must be able to-
Sit, Stand, Walk, Bend, Squat, Kneel, Crawl, Climb and Reach above shoulders
Push and Pull
Perform fine motor functions
Must possess functional vision, hearing, and speech in order to communicate effectively with clients, client advocates, and staff.