Join our award-winning team at UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center. We're proud of the acclaim we've received for our excellence in patient care and safety. Among the local, regional and national recognition we've received are:
- The Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award
- The Emergency Medicine Excellence Award
- This is the second consecutive year Northwest Hospital has achieved both the Spine Surgery Excellence Award and a ranking among the top 10 percent in the nation for spine surgery.
- The Stroke Care Excellence Award
- Winner of the Health Grades Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety for the last three years in a row, we’re also one of the safest places to get care – among the top 5% in the country.
UW Medicine includes Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW Neighborhood Clinics, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine and Airlift Northwest.
Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service, non-profit community hospital, offering comprehensive medical, surgical and therapeutic services. With 281 beds, more than 1900 employees and a world-class medical staff, we provide innovative, technologically advanced care on a patient-friendly, easy-access campus just north of Seattle.
Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
As a UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
We’re interested in learning more about you and appreciate your taking the time to apply online. UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is committed to employing a diverse workforce. EOE
UW Medicine – Northwest Hospital and Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected characteristic. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply
The Clinical Coordinator assumes responsibility and provides leadership for the Heart Center, Endoscopy, IR, and Stat Nurses at Northwest Hospital & Medical Center. This individual acts as the main resource for cardiac, endoscopy, and IR procedures and to the STAT RNs. The Clinical Coordinator focuses on procedural care of the patient but must be willing to collaborate with other departments in pre-operative and postoperative care. The Clinical Coordinator provides leadership, makes decisions, and sets goals to assure the department meets or exceeds established standards of care defined for the patient population. The Clinical Coordinator organizes workflow, oversees day-to-day operations, and manages personnel, equipment, and supplies to ensure efficient functioning, quality services, and cost effectiveness. This role assumes responsibility and accountability for assigned education activities, consistent with the institution’s mission, vision, goals & objectives.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
Coordinates Education Activities, includes:
- Designs, coordinates, implements, and evaluates the Heart Center program, Endoscopy, IR, and STAT nurses and assigned on-going educational programs for staff and providers. When planning programs, utilizes identified learning needs, community feedback, feedback from providers, and emerging concepts in health care. Applies the principles of needs-based learning in all educational offerings. Ensures that all educational offerings include complete program planning, innovative learning methodology, teaching plans, evaluation tools, and program evaluation.
- Ensures that programs meet accrediting standards. Creates an individual educational plan, including goals, for each participant. Communicates plan and outcomes to referring and primary care providers.
- Works with heart center and IR vendors to maintain and enhance instructional skills, resources and materials.
Data Collections, includes:
- Collects data, including cost and reimbursement information, to evaluate current and planned programs.
- Monitors and evaluates the patient’s responses, documenting interventions, evaluating progress and revising plans of care as necessary.
- Provides safe, therapeutic, cost-effective patient care.
- Collects records and analyzes assessment data in cooperation with surgeons such as patient health data, diagnoses, responses and problems, infection rates, recovery times and length of hospital stays.
Direct Patient Care, includes:
- During short staffing or as needed to maintain optimal distribution of resources, performs clinical functions as RN including providing individualized health education to patients.
Clinical Coordination, includes: Assists Manager in developing, evaluating and implementing standards of care, policies and procedures.
- Acts as resource to staff regarding established standards, hospital policies and procedures.
- Monitors and maintains staff compliance with standards, protocols, policies, procedures, and regulatory/accreditation requirements.
Operations, includes: Supervises the Heart Center, Endoscopy, IR, and STAT nurses departments.
- Facilitates daily scheduling and staffing for Heart Center, Endoscopy, IR, and STAT nurses and cases.
- Coordinates, facilitates, and expedites completion of work activities.
- Prioritizes work and resources to meet customer service expectations.
- Assures that staff members receive proper orientation /training and perform work competently in the Heart Center, Endoscopy, IR, and Stat Nurses.
- Serves as a technical expert resource, problem solver and role model.
- Answers questions, takes action to resolve problems, issues, complaints.
- Optimizes efficiency. Inventories and orders supplies for Heart Center, IR, and Stat Nurses
Quality, Performance Improvement and Customer Service, includes: Assists Manager in developing, evaluating, implementing, and maintaining quality assurance, customer service, and performance improvement activities.
- Monitors and improves quality and customer service.
Goals and New Programs, includes: Participates with Manager in preparing annual departmental goals, objectives, and strategic plans.
- Assists Manager with development, planning, and implementation of new or improved programs, services, or processes. Implements selected goals and reports on progress to Manager.
- Collaborates with Marketing Department to develop and distribute accurate and timely information about the Heart Center, Endoscopy, IR, and Stat RNs.
Collaboration and Committee Participation, includes:
- Attends STEMI meeting, Endoscopy quarterly meeting
- Serves as consultant and liaison to other departments, physicians, and others.
- Serves as a member of hospital committees, task forces, working groups, as appropriate.
- Effectively delegates,
- Manages change,
- Sets expectations and goals,
- Makes decisions and solves problems,
- Models fairness and respect.
Standards & Accountability, includes:
- Identifies quality benchmarks, assesses departmental performance and designs improvement plans,
- Models accountability, integrity, ethics, and honesty,
- Promotes safety and security,
- Assures compliance with regulations and rules,
- Promotes excellent customer service.
Planning & Decision Making, includes:
- Develops goals and objectives in support of Hospital’s mission,
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures,
- Resolves complex problems,
- Develops budget and monitors/controls expenses to fit budget expectations,
- Improves department cost efficiency and productivity.
Building Relationships, includes:
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration to accomplish organization’s goals,
- Inspires trust,
- Deals effectively with conflict.
Developing and Retaining Talent, includes:
- Participates in interviews and selection of robotic staff.
- Participates in staff performance and competency evaluation
- Motivates and develops competent staff,
- Facilitates continuous learning and development, Assist in monitoring staff retention and satisfaction
- Designs succession plans.
- Facilitates open communications and joint decision making with staff,
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, verbal, writing, listening, and presentation skills.
Professional Growth & Development, includes:
- Strives to expand own knowledge and skills,
- Monitors trends in healthcare industry, and adapts to changes and new developments.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN or Masters preferred
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- Current Washington State licensure as Registered Professional Nurse.
- CCRN credential preferred
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned unit/department.
- Minimum of three years clinical experience required, preferably including care of patients undergoing robotic surgeries.
- One year of previous management experience preferred.
- At least two years precepting or teaching experience in formal and informal environments, including planning, implementing and evaluating educational programs.
- At least two years of experience with cardiac cath lab, EP, IR, or Stat RNs in a hospital setting.
- Ability to handle audio-visual equipment, maneuvers cartons up to 25 lbs, and stand for 4-6 hours in procedural setting, wearing lead protection.
- This job requires ability to communicate clearly in English (verbal and written) with all stakeholders (providers, caregivers, patients, family members) for the effective treatment of patients.
Physical Demand Level: Heavy
In an 8-hour workday, must be able to-
Lift / Carry:
- 50 to 100 pounds occasionally
- 25 to 50 pounds frequently
- 10 to 20 pounds constantly
As required, must be able to-
Sit, Stand, Walk, Bend, Squat, Kneel, Crawl, Climb and Reach above shoulders
Push and Pull
Perform fine motor functions
Must possess functional vision, hearing, and speech in order to communicate effectively with clients, client advocates, and staff.