What you will be doing?
- Maintain and operate applications of which they are a prime administrator and operator
- Communicate issues to vendors for out of the box applications and form a functional plan on implementing fixes and troubleshooting the application
- Document and inventory the status quo of integrated applications including external system calls of applications
- Become a subject matter expert on specific applications of which they are a prime administrator and operator
- Write “how to” documentation for operating and administering applications
- Communicate changes and recommendations to improve efficiency in applications and systems
- Create MOPs and execute changes within the production environments
- Identify dependencies between applications and OS level packages as well as troubleshoot problems with those interconnections
- Work with cross functional groups and organizations to develop tools and solutions from use cases and requirement documents
- Performs other duties as required to support the business and evolving organization
- Mentor and train lower tier engineers to increase their technical ability and experience
- At least 5+ years of engineering and application experience working with development teams and system admin teams
- At least 3+ years working in a large, geographically distributed server architecture
- At least 3+ years of experience working with development teams for functional requirements on distributed server systems running internally developed applications
- At least 3+ years of experience working for large telecommunications companies
- At least 3+ years of networking experience with focus on server interconnections
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar field
- Must have the ability to be on call in a 24/7 server environment if required
- Experience in doing large scale software upgrades and versioning changes across multiple servers
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple large organizational structures
- Must have experience running applications for one or more of the following applications:
- Infinium, NetSuite, HRS systems, CABS (Carrier Access Billing Systems), and Globys.
- Middleware solutions like Tibco, and MuleSoft.
- Ability to develop for and troubleshoot API calls that utilize RPG calls into DPI.
- Direct experience with developing RPG applications
- Experience with DPI
- Other technologies such as Syslog, Apache, Tomcat, Perl, and HTML
Everyone deserves the best internet possible, and that’s the refreshingly great experience we’re creating at Ziply Fiber. We’re bringing fiber to more than one million homes and businesses across the broader Northwest. By pairing brilliantly fast internet with customer choice and control, we’re making it simple and easy for you to connect to the things that matter most to you. Ziply Fiber is based in Kirkland, Washington, providing communities across Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana with fiber internet in addition to streaming TV, privacy products, and phone service as well.
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
Ziply Fiber recognizes and strongly supports the benefits of a diverse workforce and strives to provide a culture that recognizes the unique contributions of each of our employees. Ziply Fiber requires a drug test, background check, employment and education verification as conditions of employment. Ziply Fiber is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job-related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.