- Posted: 7 days ago
The Accountant position assists the Finance Division with the financial affairs of the Bank. Primary responsibilities include accounts payable processing and the reconciliation of various general ledger accounts. The position performs accounting tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions resulting in accurate reporting of operating expenses.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform assigned duties in accordance with the Bank’s Mission, Vision and Core Values; and, provide the Bank’s customers with timely, responsive and exceptional service in accordance with the Bank’s customer service standards
- Accurate and timely performance of accounts payable functions including; review for accuracy of GL coding and approval authority, input, printing, balancing, and distribution of vendor invoices, checks, and ACH. Review and process reports and payments for Bank-issued employee credit cards and employee reimbursements.
- Maintain accurate and complete vendor records and prepare annual 1099 reporting.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to internal and external inquiries.
- Monitor online vendor accounts to ensure payments are current.
- Reconcile internal DDA accounts and correspondent bank accounts.
- Prepare and enter journal entries as directed.
- Prepare accurate and timely general ledger reconciliations.
- Complete financial certifications as assigned.
- Assist with month-end close process.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial and special reports as required by management.
- Recommend change to AP and other Finance Division policies and practices.
- Create and maintain written job procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 4 years of relevant experience, to include accounts payable and general ledger reconciliations.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with collaboration and productivity tools including Windows-based operating systems and office suites (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint); spreadsheet applications to organize data used for advanced data analysis; internet; email; and bank software.
- Accounting course education is preferred, degree is not required
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of bank policies and procedures
Salary range: $75,000 - $85,000
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Northwest Bank
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?