Req Number 002TW4
As a Senior Speech Pathologist you will provide individual and group therapy treatments for patients with problems associated with hearing, speech, and language disorders. You will also keep records, monitors progress and counsels patients and their family members and may provide supervision to Interns, and Speech Pathologists.
- Provides speech, hearing, and language therapy for inpatient and outpatients.
- Administers tests and performs diagnostic evaluations to determine nature and extent of the disability and plan for treatment.
- Counsels patients and their families regarding test results and recommendations.
- Prepares speech evaluation reports, progress reports, insurance forms, and letters. Keeps charts and records updated.
- Conducts rehabilitation courses for hearing-impaired adults.
- Discusses patient management with Medical Center Staff and outside agencies.
- Participates in research, professional conferences, in-service training and attends staff meetings.
- May provide direct and indirect supervision to Graduate Speech Pathology Interns, and Speech Pathologists.
- Assists in planning Speech pathology schedule.
- Master's Degree in Speech Pathology, required.
- Currently licensed in Speech Pathology in the State of New York.
- Certificate of Clinical Competency from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, required
- Minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible related work experience to ensure familiarity with a variety of clinical situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to interact with patients, families, medical staff and Health Systems services.
- Knowledge of PC software (Excel, Word), required. Knowledge of speech instrumentation (VisiPitch, Naso-meter), required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.