Req Number 002X2M
Performs diversified clerical duties including but not limited to typing, scheduling appointments, maintaining files, etc.
1. Performs diversified clerical duties which may include but are not limited to:
- Typing various correspondence, reports, articles, etc.
- Scheduling appointments, meetings, etc.
- Maintaining files.
- Takes minutes at meetings.
- Receptionist duties.
- Patient filing, collecting payments.
- Preparing statistical data.
- Keeping inventory and ordering supplies.
- Miscellaneous duties related to department.
***ADA Essential Functions**
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology obtained through six (6) months related coursework, secretarial training, and/or medical secretarial experience.
- Typing 50 wpm, required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical billing and insurance forms, as required by department.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.