**Req Number** 002Y99
Responsible for the overall nutritional care of patients. Responsible for planning, assessment, implementation and evaluation of nutritional care plan of patients. Responsible for documenting nutrition care plans in the patient medical record, according to Health System policies and procedures. May assist in menu modifications and other nutritional related functions, including nutritional counseling in individual or group settings.
1. Interviews patient and/or family for nutritional history.
2. Assesses patients and documents in patients' medical record, according to Health System policies and procedures.
3. Recommends nutrition care plans to medical staff for review and consideration.
4. Recommends therapeutic diet modifications and/or supplemental feedings to physicians for patients.
5. Provides nutritional guidance and counseling to patients and their families. Provides written material as needed and according to prescribed diet.
6. Prevents and treats illnesses by counseling individuals and groups on nutritional practices, promoting healthy eating habits and recommending dietary modifications.
7. Promotes sound eating habits through education
8. Evaluates individual needs, develops nutritional care plans, and instructs individuals and their families.
9. Performs any and all related duties.
* Bachelor's Degree in Food, Nutrition or Dietetics, required.
* Registered Dietitian, required.
* Active member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, preferred.