**Req Number** 002STS
Develops, implements and communicates nutritional care plans. Counsels individuals and families in nutritional principles. Provides professional guidance to professional staff. Participates in nutrition conferences.
1. Develops and implements nutritional care plans based on assessment of nutritional needs and correlates with care plans of other health care team members.
2. Communicates nutritional care plan through written record system.
3. Counsels individuals and families in nutritional principles, dietary plans, food selection, etc. Provides instruction regarding specialized and/or restricted diets.
4. Develops and implements multi-disciplinary discharge care plans.
5. Develops and implements new and/or improved methods and procedures to ensure adherence to current standards of nutritional care.
6. Participates in health care team rounds.
7. Provides professional guidance and assistance to non-professional staff.
8. Develops and implements nutritional educational programs, participates in nutrition conferences.
9. May conduct independent special projects, as assigned.
10. Performs related duties, as required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Food, Nutrition or Dietetics, required.
* Registered Dietitian, required.
* Active member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, preferred.