Health Care Coordinator
As an on-site Nurse Supervisor, this position supports the Resident Care Director by assisting in directing all aspects of resident care, including assisted living services, maintaining medical supplies inventory, implementing health orientation, and training programs for staff and residents.
- Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization through positive communication and leadership.
- Contribute to Community relationships by demonstrating cooperation and professional conduct with residents, families, fellow associates, physicians, pharmacies and other vendors or persons.
- Contribute to team effort by being flexible in work assignments; by furnishing support; by taking initiative; and by understanding how this position affects and compliments all other Community positions.
- Able to maintain work pace appropriate to given work load. Perform activities on schedule while maintaining regular attendance and punctuality within specified tolerance.
- Implement orientation and education programs that explain the philosophy of service in accordance with Northstar Senior Living’s Policies and Procedures.
- Evaluate resident care needs and determine required level of care.
- Update medical charts and care plans.
- Monitor and maintain records of immunizations requirements for associates and residents.
- Manage medication and monitor associates in administration of mediation, including frequent audits of medication records.
- Order medications from pharmacy and maintain records.
- Assure that medications are properly stored and cared for.
- Observe residents’ health status and take actions to address concerns within scope of practice.
- Observe, record, and notify Executive Director, Resident Care/Services Director, physician, family, and pharmacist of significant changes to residents’ condition and reactions to medication, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Maintain all health equipment for safe and proper function.
- Review and implement incident reports; evaluate for need of intervention to minimize risk of further occurrences.
- Read and decipher medications and charts.
- Ensure that all new associates receive general and specific job training.
- Continually assess resident needs in relation to associate training needs to determine priorities in designing an ongoing orientation program.
- Track and ensure regulatory training requirements are met for associates annually.
- Incorporate State Department of Social/Facility Services/ Public Welfare/Licensure requirements during in-service training and orientation.
- Supervise and evaluate abilities of personal care associates.
- Maintain professional accountability for personal nursing practice and care delegated to non-licensed associates.
- Maintain records and files for residents, inventory, and supplies.
- Provide a quality assisted living program.
- This position requires the applicant to be a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN) with an unencumbered license to practice nursing within the state of application.
- The position requires at a minimum of one year of experience in assisted living or skilled nursing.
- Must possess valid First Aid and CPR Certification.