Men's Groups Minister
Mission & Vision
Northside’s mission is to connect unconnected people to Jesus Christ by connecting them to Christ, community and their calling.
The Men’s Groups Minister leads, guides, and empowers men to ensure life transformation through Jesus and become all they are designed, called, and gifted to be.
- Lead the efforts to move the men of Northside into healthy, biblical, life-changing community (Life Groups and other discipling environments).
- Recruit, train, develop, and coach Life Group Leaders.
- Lead men’s and group leader events.
- Be the creative engine and lead visionary for Men’s Ministry at Northside.
- Write, develop and/or identify the best life group study material to be used for men’s ministry.
- Evaluate ministries and make recommendations for improvement.
- Regularly report to the church’s Adult Ministries Groups & Discipleship Pastor about the accomplishments of our Men’s Ministry.
- Participate in general duties as needed (counseling, Pastor on Call, etc.)
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously, and follows through on issues in a timely manner.
- Attend all church staff meetings and retreats.
- Assist in all church-wide events (Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, etc.)
- Serve at all weekend services (other than the 12 approved weekends off per year) by being available before, after, and at times during services (other than the service you are attending).
- Collaborate with the Adult Ministries Team on the annual ministry budget and be able to work within that budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Passionate about Groups Ministry and moving people into biblical, life-changing community.
- Strategic thinker to develop an overall ministry strategy.
- Must be able to lead and create a discipleship/mentor environment.
- Have an eye for details and the capacity to see the big picture.
- Strong communicator and have a high tolerance for stress.
- Able to inspire and motivate others to serve.
- Partner with others on the adult ministries team.
- Commitment to the vision and values of Northside Christian Church and the Adult Ministries team.
- Committed to growth in knowledge and maturity in this area of ministry and leadership.
- Communicates and relates well to all life stages of men.
- Able to take direction and work well in a team atmosphere.
- Able to mediate between different personalities and keep the team focused.
- Always looking to improve connections with men and the ministry to men.
- Identifies and provides opportunities to improve the capabilities of other people. Brings out the best in people.
- Listens well. Is aware of personal strengths and weaknesses and takes continuous action to improve personal capability and impact on others.
- Mac computer skills preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BA or BS degree preferred.
- A minimum 3-5 years of experience in a ministerial capacity.
- Attend Northside Christian Church and a commitment to 3C's faithfulness.
Our mission is to connect the unconnected to Jesus. We do this by remaining connected ourselves—to Christ, community, and calling. The invitation we extend to every person who engages with us at Northside is an invitation to a call that we have already embraced and are fully committed to as a staff leadership team. These are the commitments we expect every member of our team to acknowledge and uphold:
“He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.” - Colossians 1:17
- Identity - physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, relationally rooted in Jesus
- Work - embracing sta values of healthy, hungry, unified, and among the people
- Financial Generosity - giving 10% of gross income (a first fruits tithe) to Northside
- COMMUNITY“They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.” - Acts 2:42
- Weekend Gathering - regular attendance and participation in congregational worship (present for 75% of weekend gatherings throughout the year)
- Life Groups - regular attendance and participation in small group study
- CALLING“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” - 1 Peter 4:10
- Carrying out God’s ministry for me in this season (sharpening my skills through networking as well as both formal and informal skill development)
- Serving others with my gifting whenever the Spirit leads
Please click this link to complete our Culture Index Survey
Northside Christian ChurchNew Albany, IN
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.