Care & Senior Adult Groups Pastor
Mission & Vision
Northside’s mission is to connect unconnected people to Jesus by connecting them to Christ, Community and their Calling.
This individual will play a key role in the Care & Senior Adult Ministry at Northside by helping to move people that are hurting among us as well as people in the 55+ age demographic into healthy, Biblical community. Additionally, this individual will lead our efforts to minister to the senior adults (55+) at Northside. This role works closely with the Adult Ministries team and the Care Ministry staff and volunteers to help meet people in crisis and bring them into healthy, biblical community. Our Care Ministry is built on the philosophy that healing best happens in community; connected to Christ and others. The Care & Senior Adult Groups Pastor will have a passion for Groups Ministry and a heart to help hurting people take their best next step in their walk with the Lord.
- Lead the efforts at Northside to move people with unhealthy hurts, hang-ups, and habits into healthy, biblical community (Life Groups and other discipling environments).
- Oversee and grow Care Night (Celebrate Recovery, Divorce Care, Griefshare, and other Support Groups) and its volunteer leadership as one of the primary vehicles of healing for the hurting among us.
- Lead the efforts to minister to those Northsiders in the 55+ age demographic.
- Serve as the primary counselor on the Northside staff.
- Oversee all Care Ministry events.
- Supervise the Care Minister and all Care Ministry administrative personnel, interns, and ambassadors (when applicable).
- In coordination with the Care Minister, maintain area counselor and social service relationships in order to make referrals to high quality counselors and services.
- Responsible for the oversight of the wedding and funeral processes at Northside.
- Partner with the Care Minister and other Care Ministry staff and ambassadors to oversee weddings and funerals, and in the areas of financial care (including benevolence), the Pastor-on-Call (POC) process, and hospital/nursing home visitation, evaluating these ministry areas and making recommendations for improvement.
- Regularly report to the church’s Adult Ministries Groups & Discipleship Pastor about the accomplishments of and struggles with Care Ministry as a whole.
- Participate in general duties as needed (helping with Adult Ministry events, etc.)
- Attend all church staff meetings and retreats.
- Assist in all church-wide events (Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, etc.).
- Serve at all weekend services (other than the 12 approved weekends off per year) by being available before, after, and at times during services (other than the service you are attending).
- Collaborate with the Adult Ministries Groups & Discipleship Pastor on the annual ministry budget and be able to work within that budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Passionate about Groups Ministry and moving people into biblical community.
- Compassion and empathy for the hurting people among us, both at Northside and in the local community.
- Passionate about helping people find their next step in Christ..
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through in a timely manner.
- Strategic thinker who is able to develop an overall ministry strategy.
- Must be able to lead and create a discipleship/mentor environment.
- Have an eye for details and the capacity to see the big picture.
- Must be able to thrive in a high stress environment.
- Able to inspire and motivate others to serve.
- Must be able to partner with other adult ministries as required.
- Commitment to the vision and values of Northside Christian Church and the Adult Ministries team.
- Committed to growth in knowledge and maturity in this area of ministry and leadership.
- Able to take direction and work well in a team atmosphere.
- Able to mediate between different personalities and keep the team focused.
- Identifies and provides opportunities to improve the capabilities of others. Brings out the best in people.
- Listens well.
- Is aware of their own personal strengths and weaknesses and takes continuous action to improve personal capability and their impact on others.
- Mac computer skills preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience
- BA or BS degree preferred.
- A minimum 5 years of experience in a ministerial capacity, ideally in the area of biblical counseling.
NCC Expectations and 3C Faithfulness
- Attends Northside Christian Church and demonstrates a commitment to Northside's 3C faithfulness.
- 3C Faithfulness is our holistic direction as church and lay leaders, committed to living out in our daily life in the areas of Christ, Community and Calling.. Expectations are everything and the Word leads us in this living.
“He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.” - Colossians 1:17
- Identity - physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, relationally rooted in Jesus
- Work - embracing staff values of healthy, hungry, unified, and among the people
- Financial Generosity - giving 10% of gross income (a first fruits tithe) to Northside
“They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.” - Acts 2:42
- Weekend Gathering - regular attendance and participation in congregational worship (present for 75% of weekend gatherings throughout the year)
- Life Groups - regular attendance and participation in small group study
“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” - 1 Peter 4:10
- Carrying out God’s ministry for me in this season (sharpening my skills through networking as well as both formal and informal skill development)
- Serving others with my gifting whenever the Spirit leads
Please click this link to complete our Culture Index Survey
Northside Christian ChurchNew Albany, IN
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.