Pathways Coach/Behavioral Health Coach
- Posted: over a month ago
Northside Behavioral Health currently has an opening for a Pathways Coach.
Helping Individuals and Preserving Families; Inspiring Hope and Independence.
Northside Behavioral Health, established in 1976, is a non-profit organization committed to helping heal the hurt in the lives of Hillsborough County residents suffering from or at risk for mental illness. With nationally accredited programs, Northside sets the standard for the best practices in mental health treatment, while making mental health care affordable and accessible to individuals and families and building a safer, healthier community.
We offer market competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for employees including health and dental insurance, paid time-off (PTO), paid holidays, flexible spending accounts, retirement plans, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability and assistance with certification and licensure.
Pathways to Hope™ is an innovative pilot program, which provides coaching and navigation to those who are seeking help for mental health and substance abuse issues. The program assists individuals and families on their journey through the maze of mental illness and addiction and will connect them with urgent, emergent and routine clinical resources in Tampa Bay and beyond.
Under general supervision, provides primarily field-based navigating and coaching services to clients with behavioral health needs residing in Hillsborough County. Functions as the coach liaison for expansion projects within the department (i.e., outpatient transition clinic, etc). Travel is required. Will perform other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Functions:
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully engage with Pathways clients and their families as applicable, upon referral and throughout participation in the program.
- Complete initial screening and assessment of client, including brief mental status examination, brief review of history of illness, assignment of diagnosis, and recommendations for coaching and navigation services.
- Demonstrate understanding of the concept of coaching vs clinical services and does not provide services outside the scope of the Pathways program mission.
- Provide relevant navigation services including navigating complex systems of care, linkage to appropriate clinical and supportive services, linkage to community resources and other care coordination activities.
- Provide relevant coaching services including crisis intervention, supportive counseling, advocacy and support to individuals and their families as applicable.
- Responds to caseload needs/requests as soon as possible, but no longer than 24 business hours from being made aware of situation.
- Function as a liaison between Hillsborough County hospitals and outpatient treatment centers to improve client's successful engagement in community-based services.
- Participate in treatment team meetings at the inpatient units of Hillsborough County psychiatric units as scheduled.
- When appropriate, starts engagement process of new referrals when on inpatient status.
- Demonstrate appropriate clinical judgment and processes with discharge planning and ensure that client is successfully linked to appropriate services prior to Pathways discharge.
- Participate in community awareness events, i.e. training, education, advisory meetings, etc. as requested and scheduled.
- Function as primary contact for program expansion projects, taking the lead with development and implementation of model designs and operations, with the assistance of program manager.
- Complete documentation as required for Management of Information Systems (MIS)
- CPR/First Aid Certification at hire or within 6 months of hire
- Valid Florida Driver's License with 3-year clean driving record
- Minimal 1-year clinical experience -required
- Experience working in community-based settings - preferred
- Knowledge of local/state/national community resources - preferred
- Supervisory experience - preferred
Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Mental Health relevant area
What is Northside?
Northside is dedicated to providing innovative programs that help individuals use their strengths and abilities to live productive, independent, and happier lives. We know that with support, people with serious mental health issues can recover and learn to manage their symptoms and improve the quality of their lives.
Our staff provides expertise to improve treatment and systems of care for children and youths who have been victims of violence, witnesses to violence, or suffered traumatic loss. We provide nationally recognized approaches to treating individuals with dual mental health and substance abuse problems and individuals with long-term, chronic mental health disabilities. We stand ready to respond to the behavioral health needs of individuals and families.
Northside is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug & Tobacco Free Facility. All personnel are required to undergo a mandatory post-employment offer criminal background check.
Northside Behavioral Health
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Northside Behavioral Health