- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Northside Animal Hospital is looking for an experienced Veterinary Technician to join their fast-paced team in Hooksett, NH.
- Provides compassionate care to patients and clients
- Keeps accurate medical records in accordance with hospital policy
- Assists the Veterinarian in medical, surgical procedures; prepares patients for surgery; administers anesthesia; monitors patients during surgery and recovery; administers fluids
- Performs physical assessments and records observations
- Restrains pets including positioning for and assisting with digital radiographs
- Prepares estimates for procedures and discusses financial commitments with clients
- Explains necessary follow up and home care instructions to owners
- Executes treatment orders, including performing blood draws, collecting urine samples via void and express and administering medications – PO, IM, SQ, SL, IV
- Cares for all surgical materials; keeping the operating room properly stocked and prepared for surgery
- Runs lab work including CBC, Chem, LYTES and urinalysis, preps samples for external processing
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Veterinary Technician Certification (CVT) or License (LVT) strongly preferred but not required
- At least two years of prior veterinary experience required; prior surgery experience desired.
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
- Available full-time, and some Saturday availability is required
About us: Northside Animal Hospital is a state-of-the-art practice, located in Hooksett, New Hampshire. They are a 4-doctor practice specializing in preventative care and wellness, medical case diagnostics, surgery, dentistry, and imaging. They also offer a fully stock veterinary pharmacy, in house lab and ultrasound capacity! They’ve been a beloved part of the community for over 40 years and are dedicated to individualized care and a stellar customer and patient experience.
Great Location! Hooksett is a thriving town in Merrimack County, New Hampshire. The town is located between Manchester, the state's largest city, and Concord, the state capital. It’s centrally located for access to camping, snow sports and hiking, and was honored in 2005 as a Preserve America community!
A common purpose with an uncommon passion—this is Rarebreed Veterinary Partners. We are a purpose-driven team placing talent first by supporting professionals to thrive in our industry and empowering hospital teams to provide exceptional care for pets and their owners. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to create exceptional work experiences for all our employees. After all, work should be your happy place! We focus on providing the best culture, tools, and support to our hospitals to allow the staff to focus on what they love most, caring for our animals.
What else do we have to offer?
- At Rarebreed, we provide employees in the veterinary profession with the best work experience by creating and fostering a great culture where you can thrive. We value you and offer a one-of-a-kind, flexible total compensation package that consists of the following:
- Competitive base compensation plus bonus incentive
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 401K with 100% company match of up to 3%, and a 50% match for the 4th and 5th%
- Generous paid time off to ensure a healthy work/life balance
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability, voluntary life insurance available
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- IDEXX diagnostic fees for personal pets covered
- Personal pet care discounts
- Access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Continuing education time off and reimbursement
- Free monthly wellness meetings focusing on stress & anxiety reduction and mindfulness
- Free online group exercise classes, such as yoga and HIIT (High Energy Interval Training), twice a week, taught by certified trainers
- Free quarterly financial wellness classes to provide guidance in areas such as student loan debt, budgeting, improving credit scores, mortgages, and refinancing.
Employment will require the successful completion of references and background check.
Rarebreed Veterinary Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about our career opportunities at: https://rarebreedvet.com/careers/
Northside Animal HospitalHooksett, NH
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.