NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals - Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than 10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Surgical Technologist in the Operating Room at Evanston Hospital in Evanston, IL. This is a full-time (40 hour per week) position and is benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled on the day shift Monday through Friday, 7:00AM-3:30PM. On call requirement is 4 shifts in a 6 week schedule. Must also be able to provide coverage on 4 weekend shifts in a 6 week schedule on PM and night shift.
In this role, you will:
- Perform scrub person duties during the intraoperative phase of surgical procedures
- Assist in the preparation and dispensing of instruments, equipment and supplies required for surgical procedures
- Conduct all instrument, needle, sharps and sponge counts, as well as handle specimens
- Assist in the application of dressings or casts and moving patients
- Assist in decontamination/reprocessing area when assigned
- Maintain inventory in Operating Room and on carts
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Graduate from an approved surgical technologist school or minimum of 3 years experience as a surgical technologist or equivalent preferred
- CPR certification required
- Certified Operating Room Technician (CORT) preferred
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Job: **Clinical Techs*
Organization: **Evanston Hospital*
Title: Surgical Technologist, Full-Time, Days, Evanston
Requisition ID: 70245