NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals - Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Senior Director, Talent Management and Organization Development for our Skokie, IL location. Reporting to the VP, Talent Management and Organization Development, the Senior Directorwill be responsible for developing and implementing talent management and organization development programs and initiatives that will ensure organizational capabilities and talent processes are appropriately scaled to match company growth. This includes performance management, talent review, development planning, career development, mentor programs, change management, coaching programs and leadership competency modeling. In addition, this role will devise and oversee system-wide strategies in support of the employee experience to include diversity and inclusion, well-being and employee engagement.
The Senior Director collaborates with HR and Business leaders to provide subject matter expertise and consultation on organization effectiveness, organization design, change management and organization culture.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee existing talent management programs (talent review, development planning,
- Develop new talent management programs in support of career development, talent mobility, coaching and mentoring.
- Leverage technology solutions to increase program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee team members who provide management and administrative support for talent management and organization development programs.
- Manage organization development strategies in support of an engaged workforce to include diversity and inclusion, system-wide well-being and the employee engagement survey administration process (full and pulse surveys).
- Oversee the coordination of engagement and recognition events, including but not limited to Service Award Dinners, State of Our Union events, member awards, Medical Group committee nomination process, and adhoc task forces.
- Develop regular reporting mechanisms to engage business leaders in dialogue about talent and organization development initiatives, progress against established objectives and reinforce the leader's role in people development and talent retention.
- Identify external partners with expertise to compliment and support internal capabilities
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree; preferred Master's Degree in Human Resources, I/O Psychology or related field.
- 10 or more years' in leadership roles with progressive responsibility
- Critical thinking
- Project management
- Program development
- Strong communication skills
- Prior experience in developing and managing talent management programs to include talent review, succession planning, performance management, change management, career development, coaching and mentoring programs
- Prior experience with developing and leading cultural initiatives to include diversity and inclusion and employee engagement surveys
- Prior organization effectiveness experience in program development and implementation
- Prior experience with matrix team management
- Prior human capital consulting experience is a plus
- Prior healthcare experience is a plus
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Title: Senior Director, Talent Management and Organizational Development
Requisition ID: 69706