NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals - Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than 10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Laboratory Associate (MT) for our Laboratory department at Highland Park Hospital in Highland Park, IL. This is a full time, benefits eligible position. Must be able to work various start times between first and second shift Monday through Friday. Must be able to work weekend rotation once every other week on third shift. Business needs may require 12 hour shifts. Must be able to work at other NorthShore locations, as needed based on business needs.
In this role, you will:
- Collect and label multiple sample types
- Perform chemical analysis on specimens
- Centrifuge and aliquot specimens
- Take volumes on timed samples
- Order and record test results in lab computer system
- Perform, monitor, and document quality control for all testing
- Perform and document routine instrument maintenance and calibrations; troubleshoot instrument problems
- Process samples referenced to outside laboratories
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum Associate's degree and the requisite courses to meet CLIA requirements for moderate to high complexity testing
- Minimum MLT (ASCP) certification or equivalent preferred
- Ongoing active certification is strongly preferred
- Experience is preferred
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Organization: **Highland Park Hospital*
Title: Lab Associate, MLS, MT, CLS, 2nd/3rd Shift, Full Time (40 hrs)
Location: IL-Highland Park
Requisition ID: 70400