NorthShore UniversityHealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery systemconsistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States.Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organizationcomprised of four hospitals Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie.The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billionand employs more than 10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, youwill be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve careergoals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Social Worker for our Cross Care Continuumdepartment based at Highland Park Hospital in Highland Park, IL. This is a fulltime position and is benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled onMon-Fri, from 8:30am - 5pm. Rotating third weekends required. Must be flexibleto travel to other NorthShore locations.
In this role, you will:
- Provide comprehensive direct patient continuum of care, case management services,
- Coordination and referral to health and social welfare resources and discharge planning in conjunction with the Continuum Care Manager or Care Navigator.
- Functions as integral member of a collaborative and interdisciplinary team.
- Supports Nursing services and other clinical and non-clinical ancillary services in assuring the continuum of care for patients and in maintaining the quality of service delivery.
- Will also serve as patient advocate.
- Requires travel to different pavilion sites, medical group/affiliate offices, and patient homes (30% - 40%).
Our ideal candidate will have:
- LSW or LCSW license required
- Masters degree from an accredited school of social work required
- Two years social work experience required; preferably in acute care setting (2 - 4 years' experience preferred).
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) platform preferred
- Reliable transportation to travel to different locations
- BLS for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for professional Rescuer (American Red Cross) within 90-days of hire required
- Other clinical certification, i.e. case management beneficial
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on itsmission "to preserve and improve human life" through superiorclinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodationto individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for moreinformation.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/NationalOrigin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.