NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to achieve Magnet recognitionthe highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient caresomething only achieved by 6% of hospitals nationwide. The system earned Magnet redesignation in 2015. NorthShore is comprised of four hospitals Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a RN Care Navigator for our Cross Care Continuum Department Located at Highland Park Hospital in Highland Park, IL. This is a full-time (40hrs/wk) position and is benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled on the day shift Monday-Friday (8:30am-5:00pm), with every third weekend rotation required. On call every 6-8 weeks; Friday through Thursday; will need to be at site within 30 min. of on-call. Floating to all NorthShore hospital locations and will be required to do home visits in the surrounding area. This position will be assigned to the South team.
In this role, you will:
- Connect with patient at the time of diagnosis (either ED or pre-admission) and follow the patient across the hospital stay and 90 days post discharge
- Guide the patient and family through the health system from diagnosis, testing, treatment and follow-up care to assist patient with navigating the continuum of care. Eliminate barriers to patient's access to health care services and facilitates continuity of care/care coordination
- Partner with the healthcare team to ensure clinical decision-making, implementation of recommendations, and discharge planning are timely and appropriate. Oversee and facilitates effective and impactful interdisciplinary rounds that are structured and standardized
- Facilitate payor authorization processes and ensure that the patient type assigned is accurate
- Work with the CDI team to ensure that documentation accurately reflects severity of illness and intensity of service
- Perform daily coordination between multiple departments, multi-disciplinary team, medical clinics, and community outreach to gain knowledge of patient, assure patient safety, smooth transitions of care, and manage utilization and total cost of care
- Act as advisor/educator by partnering with social work in providing emotional support including goals of care and counseling
- Available to his/her assigned patient population 24/7 and participates as part of a call coverage structure
- Other duties as this job evolves, this role will complete other duties assigned
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree required. Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an NLN accredited school of nursing is preferred.
- Current professional nursing licensure in the state of IL required
- 2 years of clinical nursing experience preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of utilization review, discharge planning, case management or disease management preferred. Nursing experience in home services, ambulatory services working with high-risk patients beneficial.
- Clinical certification, such as case management certification, is beneficial.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- Able to communicate and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and team members
- Knowledge of community resources
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) platform preferred
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission "to preserve and improve human life" through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.