Northshore University HealthSystem Skokie, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Position: Programmer Analyst
- Department: Health Information Technology
- Location: Skokie, IL
- Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
- Hours: Monday-Friday
What you will need:
- Bachelors in computer science, informatics, or related field.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience working in a healthcare informatics related field.
- Experience with reporting in an Electronic Health Record, Epic preferred.
- Epic certification preferred (EpicCare Ambulatory, Dorothy).
- Experience with ancillary applications like Dragon, Imprivata, SureScript, Topaz, and Esker.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Interest in “out of the box thinking” and opportunities for innovation while continuing to focus on the importance of standardization.
- “Self starter” who takes initiative to find solutions and work independently.
What you will do:
- Serve as a programmer on the team to help with build that requires extra programming in Epic, as well as support all the ancillary applications associated within the team.
- Assist with the ongoing support/maintenance, upgrades or enhancements of EpicCare Ambulatory, and associated clinical ancillary applications
- Perform regular on-call duties to support Ambulatory offices.
- Assist with innovative resolution to operational workflows issues that involve the use of clinical information systems and decision support.
- Participate in the project management life cycle of Ambulatory projects including design sessions, providing project status, providing go-live support and coordinating with the Epic training teams.
- Ensure clear communication in all areas so that expectations are met.
- Provide support Ambulatory Operations to implement EHR and workflow efficiencies.
- Complete application build for projects and other change requests.
- Build prototypes to determine feasibility when warranted.
- Participate in appropriate user forums, planning sessions, and status meetings.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and the management team as needed.
- Maintain up to date Epic Certification.
- Work evenings, nights and weekends as required by specific project activity.
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is an integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the U.S. The NorthShore system, headquartered in Evanston, Ill., includes six award-winning hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park, Northwest Community Skokie, and Swedish. NorthShore comprises three exemplary physician networks, totaling more than 4,250 doctors across immediate, primary, specialty and complex care; and 170 office locations and 35 immediate care centers. NorthShore has an established reputation with more than 17,000 team members system-wide.
NorthShore is committed to excellence in its academic mission and supports teaching and research as the principal teaching affiliate of the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine.
NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to receive Magnet® designation—the highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient care. The system earned Magnet re-designation in 2019. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
At NorthShore University HealthSystem, diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of our mission to support our team members and patients - irrespective of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. We believe that by recognizing and embracing our differences we create an organization that welcomes all to contribute and grow.
We invite all candidates to our team, as we continue to build on the incredible value our diverse talent brings to our organization, our community and our patients.
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission "to preserve and improve human life" through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Northshore University HealthSystem
TechnologyView all jobs at Northshore University HealthSystem