NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to achieve Magnet recognitionthe highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient caresomething only achieved by 6% of hospitals nationwide. The system earned Magnet redesignation in 2015. NorthShore is comprised of four hospitals Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Patient Care Technician (PCT) for our Resource Team located at Evanston Hospital in Evanston, IL. This is a resource position and is limited benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled per department need. Must work 48 hours in a six-week schedule; 24 of those 48 hours must be scheduled on the weekend. PCTs must also work one summer and one winter holiday per year. Must be flexible to float to Skokie Hospital.
In this role, you will:
- Work under the supervision of a RN to deliver patient care
- Assist with Vital Signs (includes manual blood pressure), 12-Lead EKG, Bladder Ultrasound, Foley catheter and IV adapter removal, sterile specimen collection, bathing, beds, ambulating, turning, hourly rounding, blood glucose, feeding, admitting patients to room, preparing patients for discharge and any other duties delegated by the Registered Nurse
- Assist with the implementation of a patient specific care plan
- Participate in other activities which are essential to the functioning of the patient care unit
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- BLS/CPR certification required
- Nursing Assistant Certification by the State of Illinois and in good standing on the IDPH healthcare worker registry, or
- Student Nurse who has completed one clinical rotation, or
- Medical Assistant Certification, or
- EMT-B / Paramedic training
- 1 year customer service and/or prior nursing assistant experience preferred
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission "to preserve and improve human life" through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.