NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Continuum Care Manager for our SNFist Program located at 4901 Searle Parkway-Corporate in Skokie, IL. This is a full-time position and is benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled as 8 hour shifts Monday through Friday start times may vary. This position will require rotating weekends and traveling to outside SNF facilities.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for patient care coordination and utilization management for patients located at skilled nursing facilities
- Facilitate the community care coordination in the most efficient setting possible while achieving desired quality and safety outcomes
- Partner with staff including Cross Continuum Navigators, SNF Physicians, Allied Health Professionals and other administrative support
- Assist in the discharge planning process
- Use insights from risk management and patient advocacy to understand opportunities to improve day to day operations of care coordination
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelors degree required; Bachelors degree in Nursing from an NLN accredited school of nursing preferred
- Current professional Nursing Licensure in the State of Illinois required
- Minimum two (2) years of Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF)/long-term or Ambulatory care setting experience preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of Care Management/Utilization Review experience preferred
- Able to communicate and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and team members
- Knowledge of community resources
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Strong computer and data entry skills
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and Third party reimbursement
- Knowledge of Skilled Nursing Facility Criteria
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission "to preserve and improve human life" through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.