NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to achieve Magnet recognitionthe highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient caresomething only achieved by 6% of hospitals nationwide. The system earned Magnet redesignation in 2015. NorthShore is comprised of four hospitals Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Assistant Clinical Nurse Manager for our Intensive Care Unit located at both Evanston Hospital and Skokie Hospital. This is a full time position and is benefits eligible. The Assistant Clinical Nurse Manager has 24-hour accountability and responsibility on the Intensive Care Unit for the professional nursing practice, professional development and education of staff. The Assistant Clinical Nurse Manager will cover the off shifts (PM and nights) with weekends as well.
In this role, you will:
- Hold 24/7 accountability and responsibility for the professional nursing practice, professional development, performance improvement initiatives, and fiscal management for an assigned clinical unit
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the nursing unit in conjunction with the Clinical Nurse Manager (CNM)
- Collaborate with other hospital services, medical staff, and administration to ensure that quality patient care is delivered and desired outcomes are measured and obtained
- Support the CNM in all performance management of employees
- Collaborate with the CNM drives all clinical, quality and loyalty outcomes
- Adhere to all regulatory compliance bodies
- Create a departmental environment that promotes customer loyalty for patients, families, physicians, and employees
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Current professional nursing licensure in the state of IL required
- Bachelors degree in nursing required
- Masters degree in nursing, business, or a healthcare related discipline preferred
- BLS/CPR certification required
- Minimum of three years experience in relevant clinical setting required
- Previous management experience preferred
- Minimum of two years critical care experience required
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission "to preserve and improve human life" through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.