NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the U.S. Headquartered in Evanston, IL, NorthShore is comprised of four hospitals Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 900 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs over 10,500 people.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant for NorthShore University HealthSystem Foundation located at 1033 University Place in Evanston, IL 60201. This is a full-time position and is benefits eligible. Hours will be 8:30 a.m.5:00 p.m. The Administrative Assistant will be joining a Foundation team that is pursuing a best-in-class journey to be a top development operation and expand the cultural of philanthropy at NorthShore. We are a team that is focused on meeting our goals in a highly collaborative and respectful environment.
In this role, you will:
- Provide administrative support to the Foundation Executive Director, as well as AVP Operations, AVP Donor Development, Sr Dir Communications and Sr Dir Principal Giving
- Maintain and coordinate all aspects of schedules and calendars for those directly supported; provide support for activities including room reservations, preparation of materials, and logistics
- Handle verbal and written communication:
- serve as frontline for Exec Dirs office directing callers/visitors; answer/direct phone calls for general Foundation line;
- handle inquires and requests from Board Members, corporate leaders, system management, donors, volunteers, and vendors
- process expense payments and invoices for those directly supported
- compose reports, memos, letters, spreadsheets, presentations and correspondence with accuracy
- serve as resource for those directly supported
- Establish and maintain highly confidential files, records and projects with tact
- Inventory, maintain and order office supplies
- Provide administrative support for top tier donor relations program
- Maintain and update departmental files and database records
- Have an ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate NorthShore s high customer service standards
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Three-five years of administrative experience supporting senior level staff.
- Strong working knowledge of full MS Office suite of applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively, comfortably and with tact with a wide range of people from staff, vendors, senior executives, top donors and Board members.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently with minimal supervision; ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks effectively; detail oriented; ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong administrative, organizational and writing skills; ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner with competence verbally and in written communication.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore continually achieves high quality and professionalism. Also, visit our careers page (www.northshore.org/careers) to learn why were consistently recognized as a top employer in Chicagoland.
NorthShore University HealthSystem is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.