NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than 10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Laboratory Associate (MT) for our Laboratory department at Highland Park Hospital in Highland Park, IL. This is a full time, benefits eligible position. Shift is overnights and as needed, evening shift. Must be able to work weekend rotation overnight shift. Business needs may require 12 hour shifts.
- Collect and label multiple sample types
- Perform chemical analysis on specimens
- Centrifuge and aliquot specimens
- Take volumes on timed samples
- Order and record test results in lab computer system
- Perform, monitor, and document quality control for all testing
- Perform and document routine instrument maintenance and calibrations; troubleshoot instrument problems
- Process samples referenced to outside laboratories
- Will be required to work in Blood Bank, Hematology and Chemistry.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum Associate's degree and the requisite courses to meet CLIA requirements for moderate to high complexity testing
- Minimum MLT (ASCP) certification or equivalent preferred
- Ongoing active certification is strongly preferred
- Experienced preferred but will consider new graduate.
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission "to preserve and improve human life" through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.