$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS: Public Safety Officer - Highland Park Hospital (First Shift, Second Shift, Thi
Northshore University HealthSystem Highland Park, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS: First $1,000 to be paid after first 30 days, second $1,000 to be paid after first 90 days.
NorthShore is currently seeking a Public Safety Officer. The purpose of this job is to provide security services with professionalism, fairness, and compassion in even challenging circumstances and in accordance with policies, procedures, and training.
- Position: Public Safety Officer
- Location(s): Highland Park Hospital
- Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
- Hours: All Shifts Available: 1st Shift (6am-2:30pm), 2nd Shift (2pm-10:30pm) and 3rd Shift (10pm-6:30pm)
- Required Travel: None
What you will do:
- Inspire confidence in patients, visitors, and team members by presenting a professional, approachable, and service oriented appearance and demeanor.
- Has the ability to exercise critical thinking skills and work collaboratively with clinical and non-clinical staff to determine best course of actions to preserve patient, visitor and staff safety
- Be alert, observant, and ethical.
- Complies with and enforces all safety and security rules and regulations.
- Maintains department uniform and keep equipment in good repair.
- Performs routing responsibilities during interior and exterior patrols to ensure safety and security, including but not limited to: inspections to identify vulnerabilities, hazards, and fire conditions, audits of Interim Life Safety Measures, and patient valuables
- Demonstrate ability in verbal and written communications.
- Ability to use a computer to document work such as (Microsoft Word, Excel, navigating a web page, and database entry).
- Ability to meet and maintain current Department training standards in radio communications, verbal de-escalation, stabilization, CPR, application of clinical restraints, etc.
- Ability to collaborate with clinical and non-clinical personnel to evaluate the appropriate course of action.
What you will need:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience in security, related public safety, law enforcement, prior military service, or customer service equivalent, where primary responsibility includes responding to emergent situations and identifying and resolving issues that pose potential risk to patients/customers, visitors, staff, and/or property is strongly preferred
- At least one year of security or service related experience is required
- Prior experience in healthcare preferred.
- Certification: Valid Driver’s License Required and PERC Card (Permanent Employee Registration Card) issued by State of Illinois (IL) within 1 year of hire.
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than 10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission "to preserve and improve human life" through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Northshore University HealthSystem
AddressHighland Park, IL
Real EstateView all jobs at Northshore University HealthSystem