IT Help Desk Specialist
- Posted: 15 days ago
Northrop Realty represents buyers and sellers of residential real estate in the Baltimore and Washington metropolitan regions with offices in Annapolis, Baltimore, Clarksville, Columbia, Ellicott City, Fallston, Frederick, Lutherville-Timonium, Phoenix and Sykesville. Northrop Realty also operates coastal office locations in Bethany Beach, DE, Fenwick Island, DE, Lewes, DE, Millsboro, DE, Newark, DE, West Ocean City, MD and Oak Island, NC.
We offer our full-time employees a full benefits package including company paid employee health and dental insurance, retirement plan with up to a 3% company match, paid time off, paid holidays, a competitive salary and an engaging working environment.Job Description
As Northrop Realty’s IT Help Desk Specialist, you install, maintain and repair IT equipment, systems, and software throughout our offices. You provide technical assistance and answers to user questions. You help keep our brokerage running seamlessly by anticipating and troubleshooting problems with computer hardware and software.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Provides user support and customer service on company-supported applications, devices and platforms.
- Identifies, investigates, and applies knowledge of computer software, hardware, and procedures to resolve user problems with computer software and hardware. This may include fielding support calls, chat, email, and/or other communication from users with inquiries regarding software programming, connectivity, printing, and similar concerns.
- Ensures compliance with all Long & Foster IT processes, procedures, and practices; ensures that our team is properly trained and adheres to those processes, procedures, and practices.
- Implements security measures; monitors security certificates and compliance requirements.
- Installs and updates software and hardware.
- Logs all help desk interactions.
- Arranges service by software or hardware vendors to repair or replace defective products.
- Performs routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups.
- Communicates with Facilities Manager on upcoming initiatives that require support.
- Helps create and update training manuals for new and revised software and hardware.
- Prioritizes activities to streamline, focus, and continuously improve the department’s impact.
- Maintains knowledge of technology innovations and trends.
- Provides emergency call support.
- Lives the Northrop values.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with PC and Mac hardware and software, telecommunications, mobile devices, networking, and service administration.
- 2+ years of experience in customer technical support.
- Strong experience troubleshooting Windows 10, MacOS, iOS, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, Salesforce, Internet Explorer, and VPN/network connectivity.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent time and project management skills; proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines, and delegate.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain technical issues in easily understandable terms.
- Strong initiative.
- Strong people skills and interpersonal savvy.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Ability and willing to respond to emails/texts/phone calls outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to provide emergency response after normal hours.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace and Salesforce.
No phone calls please.
Northrop Realty, A Long & Foster Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?