At Northrop Grumman, innovation isn't just an idea - it's a way of life.
Our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneeringspirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer Plating Expert to become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Excellence organization as part of the Supplier Quality Field Operations team. This position will be located in Baltimore, MD. This location works a 9/80 schedule.
Position will travel an estimated 75%. Travel is conducted during the work week.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform Specification Compliance Reviews, First Article Inspections per (AS9102 or equivalent) and Source inspections.
- Initiate Corrective Action Plans and work with suppliers, manufacturing and engineering personnel to identify root cause and ensure robust corrective actions are implemented.
- Perform process and product audits along with capacity assessments to ensure the supplier's processes are robust and capable.
- Work with key suppliers to ensure they are performing well and their capacity and capability are adequate to deliver products on time
- Lead Supplier performance management by analyzing performance data, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Preventing/Minimizing business impact from supplied material defects; supplier quality risk mitigation
- Proactive reduction and prevention of supplied material defect occurrences and verification of supplied material defect claims
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) will be necessary to support the assignment and weekly reports.
- Be able to analyze and present data to all levels of leadership
- Provide project management guidance and support to projects and processes
- Establish positive working relationships with suppliers and internal teams
- Minimum B.S. degree in Chemical, Metallurgical Engineering or Materials Science, Chemistry
- Minimum 10 years manufacturing engineering experience, preferably in Aerospace industry
- Minimum 5 years hand on experience in general job-shop metal finishing environment that includes electrolytic and autocatalytic metal plating on various substrates, anodizing, chemical conversion coating and laboratory environment
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems and corrective action response
- Auditing knowledge and experience
- Thorough understanding of Aerospace, Military, and Industry chemical processing specifications
- Willingness to travel and conduct audits
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 or AS9100 requirements
- In-depth GD&T experience
- Experience using of basic inspection tools
- Experience developing, collecting, and analyzing metrics.
- Experience in root cause analysis and corrective action
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrate skill to lead teams and projects
- Must be able to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance
Preferred Qualifications for Level 3:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Additive Manufacturing, Materials, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
- Additive Manufacturing Experience
- Six Sigma or Lean certifications
- Knowledge of statistical process control, auditing to ISO 9001 and AS9100 requirements
- Ability to understand radiographs in 2-D and 3-D
- Certified on IPC-620
- Experience with measurement analysis methods.
- PMP trained or certified
- Mechanical / Machine Shop manufacturing experience
- Fundamental experience in electrical assemblies
- Possesses current DOD Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.