Sr Principal Electrical Engineering Project Manager - Tactical Space Systems - Dulles or Gilbert
- $95,000 to $164,900 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: No relocation assistance available
CLEARANCE TYPE: None
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today!
Assigned Control Account Manager (CAM) for WBS elements assigned to Electrical Engineering. Expected to maintain assigned elements to Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
The EPM is expected to:
- Engage and collaborate with program and functional organizations (from individual contributors to executive staff) to obtain, understand, and interpret program resource needs to effectively meet program milestones.
- Manage and maintain the day-to-day interfaces and communications between the Program Management Office (PMO), Engineering Directorates, Manufacturing, and Global Supply Chain. Resolve issues spanning across Electrical Engineering functional area.
- Coordinate control account cost and schedule performance through program life cycle
- Assess, track, and mitigate cost and schedule risk supported by quantitative and predictive analyses.
- Facilitate internal meetings to support design, production, and problem resolution.
- -Initiate and maintain program subcontracts as well as intra-company work orders in support of program financial and schedule performance
- Utilize fundamental engineering principles to facilitate production and design changes within the project team that result in superior products within the program budget.
- Support proposal efforts, including but not limited to generation of Basis of Estimate and schedules.
Basic Qualifications (Depends on Posting Level):
- A Bachelor's degree and 10 years of relevant work experience (8 years with a Master's Degree]
- Experience in leadership and project management, to include Earned Value Management (EVMS) or equivalent.
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Excel, Word, Project, and Power Point
- Demonstrated ability working with cross organizational teams and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to present and communicate to variety of audiences from peers to senior leadership
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Degree in Business Management
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance per business requirements (US citizenship required)
- Experience working in Engineering, Manufacturing, Test and/or Production environment.
The Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Division is a strategic partner specializing in commercial and classified partnerships with the design, delivery, operation and sustainment of satellites and human spacecraft. We support science and space exploration through our various partnerships, including NASA's Artemis program with the goal to return humans to the Moon. Recognized as an industry leader, we also develop highly specialized space and satellite components.
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
Flexible Schedules (For example the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work)
For more details please visit our total rewards site or chat with one of our recruiters to learn more.
Salary Range: $95,000.00 - $164,900.00
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Get fresh Sr Principal Electrical Engineering Project Manager - Tactical Space Systems - Dulles or Gilbert jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.