Manager Software Engineering 2 (Space/Satellite Systems)
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: No relocation assistance available
CLEARANCE TYPE: SCI
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
The position duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide operational guidance for definition, development, and verification of products and capabilities
- Responsibility for the identification and implementation of people, processes, and tools that support multiple Product Lines within the organization to achieve their objectives
- Accountability for recruiting, staffing, and retaining talent to deliver on the objectives
- Identification of high-quality technical personnel to meet the increasing demand of the business
- Provide the technical and people leadership needed to establish and maintain an exceptional functional organization across multiple locations, divisions, and programs. Provide oversite and leadership to our Embedded Flight Software teams. Responsible for the development, design, implementation, application, training, and product support of state-of-the-art solutions in support of key targets within the TSSD Portfolio
- Support and promote Affordability, Knowledge Management, Engineering Utilization, and other process improvement initiatives including the implementation and monitoring of metrics covering engineering efficiency and quality, as well as sharing of lessons learned and best practices throughout the organization
- Ensure staff is fully allocated to programs to minimize overhead expenses
- Ensure all programs are fully staffed such that they can meet their respective development schedules
- Manage a ~30 person group of embedded flight software engineers (30% time) while also supporting programs in a development and/or leadership capacity (70% time).
- Bachelor of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math - or related technical area) with 10 years of Software/Systems related experience with a high proficiency in technical problem solving to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring
- U.S. citizen
- The ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Experience in requirements analysis, modeling and simulation, verification and validation at subsystem and system level
- Demonstrated software engineering, controls, or systems engineering leadership experience, preferably with experience in Space Flight Software or Simulation Software.
- Ability to form strong partnerships to ensure lockstep coordination with adjacent discipline areas and program manager leadership
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience in a technical leadership/management role
- Experience with Earned Value Management
- Working knowledge of Staffing, Engineering Metrics and Training resources, processes, and tools
- Demonstrated systems engineering excellence in requirements analysis, modeling and simulation, verification and validation at subsystem and system level or Demonstrated vehicle development, mission systems integration, ground and flight test validation experience
- Experience in successfully developing and integrating software and hardware solutions for space applications
- Experience in system and subsystem specification development including verification methodologies
- Experience implementing action plans based on metrics and/or root cause/corrective actions
- Master of Science in Engineering or other STEM discipline
- Hands-on technical experience with spacecraft or satellite related systems
- Proven experience leading technically diverse teams across multiple locations
- Experience within Space Flight Software, Simulation Software
Salary Range: $147,000.00 - $211,000.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop GrummanDulles, VA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.