Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS). As a part of the NGMS Team you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the Director of Sierra Programs and provide additional support to the Director ofMission Solutions in the Special Defense SBU at Undersea Systems in Annapolis, MD.
This is an exciting, dynamic environment at the cutting edge of business in the high technology defense industry. The successful candidate will work well in a highly dynamic environment, be an independent thinker, be customer oriented, be proactive and have a track record of working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment with a high daily workload supporting multiple managers, employees, and priorities as required.
Keys to success include:
- Working well under pressure
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Completing requirements in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
- Coordinate business meetings.
- Arrange, maintain, and modify the Director's schedule and associated departmental activities.
- Handle confidential business matters and maintain effective and efficient organization of administrative requirements.
- Prepare correspondence.
- Receive visitors including customers and other contractors.
- Arrange conference calls or VTCs.
- Transfer data between networks.
- Handle information requests.
- Coordinate VIP visits.
- Prepare and adjust travel arrangements and complete expense reports.
- Customer interface.
- Make decisions in alignment with the Director's leadership.
- Coordinate staff meetings.
- Answer telephones, screen calls and forward messages.
- Maintain a filing system.
- Provide some administrative support for programs that report to the Director.
- Use Microsoft Office to produce high quality reports, presentations, or other documents.
- Use Concur to make travel arrangements and process expense reports.
- High School Diploma with a minimum of six years additional education and/or professional experience.
- Current Top Secret clearance with CI Poly is required. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Computer skills required include advanced expertise in Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel), SharePoint (or equivalent), and intranet/internet proficiency.
- Ability to make travel arrangement.
- Ability to compile and generate reports and presentations.
- Ability to complete a wide variety of tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to coordinate Outlook calendar, conference call, and shared link applications.
- Prior experience coordinating both on and off-site meetings and/or events.
- Experience proofreading and correcting documents for grammatical errors.
- Proactive, highly motivated and adaptable, with excellent organizational skills including the ability to juggle multiple tasks, changing needs, and competing priorities.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and proven success in organizing, prioritizing, and completing assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to interface with executive level internal and external contacts with considerable autonomy.
- Bachelor's or Associate degree, preferably in business or technical related field.
- Familiarity with Northrop Grumman's specific systems (SAP, Concur, Facilities requests, IBUY, etc.).
- Knowledge of NGC resources, policies, and procedures.
- Experience with SharePoint.
Job Category : Administrative Services